Besides it being dark, which is the obvious inconvenience, we’re going to have to throw away everything in our fridge and freezer. I hate that. A food blogger with an empty fridge and no computer access is pretty useless.
I’m currently at my parents house borrowing some WiFi and electricity to get a few things done. Luckily the weather has cooled down a little so not having AC hasn’t been a huge deal.
Coconut Oil Popcorn
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup popcorn kernels organic, non-GMO, preferably
- sea salt to taste
- seasoned salt to taste
- lemon pepper to taste
- Add the coconut oil and kernels to a heavy bottom pan (I used a 5 quart pan) and cover.
- When first kernel pops, shake the pot to coat the kernels with the oil.
- Let the cooking continue until the popping slows down to a few seconds between each pop.
- Be mindful that even after you remove the pan from the heat, sometimes a rogue kernel still pops. Watch your eyes.
- Pour in a large bowl and immediately season.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.