Crisp Chocolate Crinkle Cookies – a beautiful but simple chocolate cookie with crisp edges and a chewy center. This chocolate crinkle cookie recipe will quickly become a staple in your cookie jar and for the holidays.
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
CHOCOLATE CRINKLE COOKIES
I am obsessed with these chocolate cookies. I think they’re so pretty! Look at those crinkles <heart eyes>
Some of my husband’s coworkers deemed them the “best ever” chocolate cookies so I think you’ll like them, too.
I think the crinkles are gorgeous. Can a crinkle be gorgeous? I think so. Ok, I’ll stop talking about the crinkles.
This chocolate crinkle cookie recipe is made with butter and melted chocolate instead of cocoa powder. I like to buy the unsweetened Ghirardelli baking bars.
CHOCOLATE CRINKLE COOKIES INGREDIENTS
- Sugar – granulated white sugar
- Brown Sugar – light or dark brown sugar, packed
- Butter – softened to room temperature
- Chocolate – unsweetened chocolate, melted & cooled
- Vanilla Extract – try to use a good vanilla extract and not imitation
- Eggs – large eggs
- Flour – all purpose white flour
- Baking Soda – for rise
- Salt – for balance
- Sugar – just used to roll the cookies
WHAT ARE CRINKLE COOKIES
Not to be confused with a thick, soft & chewy cookie, these chocolate crinkle cookies have crisp edges and a chewy center, thanks to the brown sugar. A subtle chocolate flavor and beautiful crinkles.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE CRINKLE COOKIES
First, to a large bowl, add the sugar, brown sugar, and butter and beat with a hand mixer on medium until light and fluffy.
Next, Pour in the melted and cooled chocolate, vanilla extract, and eggs. Blend well.
Then, add in the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until just combined.
Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about an hour so the dough is easier to handle.
When you’re ready, after your dough is chilled, preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
Then, use a medium cookie scoop to scoop dough into approximately 1.5″ ball, then roll in sugar and place on the prepared baking sheets, about 3″ apart.
Finally, bake for 8-12 minutes or until just set. Cool on the baking sheets for one minute and then move to a wire rack to finish cooling. The cookies will flatten and crinkle as they cool.
NEED MORE CHOCOLATE COOKIES IN YOUR LIFE? TRY THESE:
- Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies
- French Sables Korova (Double Chocolate Cookies)
- Brownie Cookies
- Chewy Brownie M&M Cookies
TOOLS FOUND ON AMAZON TO HELP YOU MAKE THESE COOKIES:
- Microwave Safe Bowl – You’ll be melting the chocolate. Use a glass bowl or ceramic.
- Silicone Spatulas – One piece, silicone spatulas are easy to clean and my favorite.
- Baking Sheets – I prefer baking sheets with lips so nothing rolls off.
- Medium Cookie Scoop – I love using a cookie scoop to portion out dough.
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Originally published December 16, 2015