Mini Sweet Potato Pies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting are super easy to make but look fancy. Impress your guests with these bite sized treats!
MINI SWEET POTATO PIES
This was one of my very first posts! I felt like seven years was time for some new pictures.
I’m not typically a big pie fan but these little bite sized guys are perfect. Just the right amount of pie for me. Using the pre-made phyllo (fillo?) dough makes these super simple.
Parchment paper or silicone mat
Mini Sweet Potato Pies
- 24 phyllo dough cups
- 1 12-ounce can yams (or sweet potatoes)
- 2 Tablespoons cream cheese softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- For the cinnamon cream cheese frosting
- 8 oz brick of cream cheese softened (less 2 Tablespoons used for pies)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line your phyllo dough cups out on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add the drained yams, 2 Tablespoons cream cheese, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, allspice, brown sugar and caramel sauce.
- Beat with a mixer until well combined.
- Use a cookie scoop to fill each shell with the pie mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until set.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- While the pies are cooling, make your frosting.
- In a large bowl, add the remaining cream cheese, heavy cream, powdered sugar, and cinnamon and beat with a mixer until smooth.
- Add your frosting to a bag fitted with a tip and pipe a small amount onto each cooled pie.
- Serve & enjoy!
Original picture from December 2009. Awww.