Rice Krispie Treat Pops dipped in baby blue glaze and sprinkles make such a fun baby shower treat!
It’s Friday! Yay! It’s the Friday before a long/holiday weekend! Yayayay! I get off work at noon today and am off until Tuesday. I live for long weekends.
I’ll get to spend plenty of time with my little Lovebug who is teething and hating life right now. I read an article that said if adults went though teething, the pain would cause us to go insane.
Hopefully I can keep her comfortable and hopefully these molars will finish pushing their way through soon.Today, some of my blog friends and I are throwing Katie (of Clark’s Condensed and The Blog Help) a virtual baby shower.
Her family will welcome their second son next month. So exciting!
Katie is the sweetest and has been a huge help to me in all things blogging. She helped me move my blog from Blogger to WordPress last year and has helped me out of many jams (i.e. me thinking I could figure something technical out, screwed it up, and she quickly fixed it). If you’re a blogger and need help, she’s your girl.
I wanted to make something fun and decided on these Rice Krispie Treat Pops.
They’re really easy, which is always a bonus when you’re making enough for a crowd, everyone seems to like rice krispie treats, and anything on a stick is great for serving at a party.
You could easily swap out the glaze coloring to pink if you’re expecting a girl. Or swap it out to red & green for the holidays. Or orange for fall….they’re really easy to customize.
If you’re really in a hurry, you could buy pre-made rice krispie treats (they sell them by the tray, don’t they?), then slice, dip, and stick. Easy peasy.
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
It is VERY HELPFUL to me and other readers if you leave a review after you make my recipe. Please come back & let me know how it turned out!
Rice Krispie Treat Pops
- 1 pan prepared Rice Krispie Treats use the recipe on the cereal box
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1.5 Tablespoons milk
- food coloring
- lollipop sticks
- washi tape
- Prepare the Rice Krispie Treats per the recipe on the box and let cool.
- Wrap each lollipop stick with washi tape and set aside.
- Slice treats into squares/rectangles. You should get at least 16 treats out of one pan.
- Slide the sticks into the treats. Wait until they’re cool or they won’t hold their shape.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and milk. You may need to add a touch more milk depending on the consistency you’re after. You won’t want it too thick, but also not too runny. Once you get the right consistency, drop in a couple drops of food coloring then whisk together.
- Dip the treats into the glaze, let the excess drip off, then lay them on a piece of wax paper.
- Sprinkle with sprinkles and let them set.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.
Congratulations, Katie!! I’m so excited for you and your family! ♥
Check out what everyone else is bringing to the Baby Shower below:
Baby Shower Unscramble Games from Sight and Sound Reading
Easy Dinosaur Cookies from Cake Whiz
Gender Reveal Cookies from Taste of Lizzy T
Baby Shower Popcorn with from Marilyn’s Treats
Sugar Cookie Fruit Cups from Bitz and Giggles
Muddy Buddies for a Boy from Made From Pinterest
Mock Champagne Punch from Love Bakes Good Cakes
Ultimate Oreo Layer Cake from The Crafting Foodie