Veggie Lasagna Roll Ups are filled with spinach, zucchini, and cheeses and smothered in Eggplant and Artichoke sauce.
Veggie Lasagna Roll-Ups
This past weekend, we worked on potty training. Julia turned two in March and has expressed interest but I wasn’t quite ready to commit to staying home for three days with a pantless toddler. My weekends are priceless and I was worried about going stir crazy in the house.
I took some time off work and decided we were going to do it.
Overall, it went very well (or is going very well – I’m not sure when to declare her officially potty trained) but by the end of the first day, I was exhausted from the potty breaks we were taking every 15 minutes.
After we put Julia to bed, we decided to open up a bottle of the good stuff. Both wine, and this new Classico Riserva sauce.
Look at that ingredient list – tomatoes, eggplant, artichoke, olive oil, spices, and sea salt. LOVE IT.
Six ingredients and all of them real. How rare is that? The roasted garlic version – tomatoes, roasted garlic, olive oil, sea salt, and spices. Nothing artificial and no added sugar.
I have been eating less meat these days but it would be really easy to add ground sirloin or turkey to this dish if you’re not into vegetarian meals. Or even shredded chicken.
It’s almost summer vegetable season so I used zucchini and spinach along with the eggplant and artichoke that are in the sauce.
Veggie Lasagna Roll-Ups Recipe
- 1 jar Classico Riserva Eggplant & Artichoke sauce
- 1 medium zucchini chopped in small pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach de-stemmed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup Italian blend shredded cheese + more for topping
- salt & pepper to taste
- 10 lasagna noodles
- In a large pot, bring salted water to boil and add in the lasagna noodles without breaking them. I always make a couple extra, in case they tear, but you'll need 9.
- Once cooked to al dente, remove the lasagna noodles to a plate laying them flat so they don't stick together.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and have a 8 x 11 baking dish out and ready.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, add the olive oil and minced garlic. Once warm, add in the chopped onion and zucchini. Season with salt & pepper and saute until translucent.
- Turn off heat and add in the spinach. Cover and let the spinach wilt.
- In a large bowl, add the ricotta cheese, feta cheese, and shredded cheese. Pour in the cooked veggies. Add in a teaspoon each of salt & pepper and stir to combine.
- Pour half of the pasta sauce into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Lay out your first noodle and spread some veggie/cheese mixture down the center and roll up. Place seam side down into the baking dish and repeat with the remaining 7 noodles.
- Pour the other half of the pasta sauce over the rolled noodles and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Classico Riserva. All opinions are 100% mine.