Cookies and Cream Caramel Layer Bars start with a layer of Pillsbury Cookies ‘n Creme cookie dough, topped with a layer of caramel, chopped pecans, frosting, then finished with melted Cookies ‘n Creme candy bars. I hope your sweet tooth is ready!
This post is sponsored by Pillsbury, but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Well, the votes are in and the category winners have been announced!
There are four categories: Cozy Breakfasts, Appetizers for Any Party, Dinners with Heart and No-Fuss Desserts.
Today, I get to share with you the category winner for No-Fuss Desserts – Cookies and Cream Caramel Layer Bars.
You’ll have to tune in to The Kitchen on Food Network on February 24th at 11:00am EST/10:00am CST to hear the grand prize winner across all the categories. I’m excited to watch!
These bars really are no-fuss.
Sandy, their creator, first started making them for bake sales, auctions, and parties when her children were young. Bars are perfect because they don’t take very long and you get to slice them up and easily serve a crowd.
You only have about 18 minutes of baking time, the rest is done in the microwave, which makes these Cookies and Cream Caramel Layer Bars really easy, and perfect for kids to help with.
They will also certainly satisfy your sweet tooth with the cookie layer, caramel layer, frosting layer, and candy bar layer!
This recipe is made in an 8″ x 8″ pan but you get 32 bars out of it because they’re so rich – a small bar is all you need.
There is a bit of waiting time between the layers so I started them at night and finished them off in the morning. Whichever way you do it, they’re easy.
Things you need to make these Cookies and Cream Caramel Layer Bars:
A freezer safe 8×8 baking dish – I love that this one has a lid for storing them!
An offset spatula will make spreading each layer easier.
A set of microwave safe microwave safe bowls to make each layer.
Cookies 'n Creme Caramel Layer Bars start with a layer of Pillsbury Cookies 'n Creme cookie dough, topped with a layer of caramel, chopped pecans, frosting, then finished with melted Cookies 'n Creme candy bars. I hope your sweet tooth is ready!
- 1 package 16 oz Pillsbury™ Big Deluxe™ HERSHEY'S Cookies ‘n Creme cookie dough
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1 package 11 oz caramel bits
- 8 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup pecan chips or chopped pecans
- 8 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 1.55 oz Hershey's Cookies 'n Creme candy bars, broken into pieces
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper. Lightly spray with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, crumble the cookie dough and add the cocoa powder. Stir until fully combined then press evenly into the bottom of your prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until set then remove and let cool for 20 minutes.
- In a medium microwaveable bowl, add the caramel bits and 2 Tablespoons of the heavy whipping cream. Microwave on high for 1.5-2.5 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth.
- Spread the caramel onto the cooled cookie base then sprinkle with the pecan chips.
- Cool for approximately 20 minutes or until the caramel is set.
- In another medium microwaveable bowl, melt 6 Tablespoons of the butter in the microwave. Pour in the powdered sugar and remaining 6 Tablespoons of heavy whipping cream. Stir together until smooth.
- Pour over the pecan layer and spread evenly with an offset spatula then refrigerate until set, approximately 1 hour.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, add the broken candy bars and remaining 2 Tablespoons of butter and microwave on high for 1-1.5 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth.
- Spread evenly over the chilled bars.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until the center is firm.
- Cut into rows - 8 x 4 - making 32 bars.
Like I said, tune in with me and the rest of the country to The Kitchen on Food Network at 11am ET/10am CST to see who’s going to win the grand prize.
I’m rooting for Sandy and these bars and I know you will be too after you try them!