Cream Cheese Chocolate & Peanut Butter Chip Muffins – a deliciously soft muffin that verges on a cupcake!
As I’m sitting down to edit some pics and write up some posts, I’m realizing that I’ve been primarily making desserts lately. And of those desserts, like 80% of them are chocolate + peanut butter combos. I need to broaden my palate.
CREAM CHEESE MUFFINS
I loved these muffins.
The cream cheese makes them dense and moist and the chocolate sanding sugar on the top adds a nice crunch. Next time I’ll be even more generous with my sugar sprinkling. My mom even loved these muffins and she doesn’t usually share my affinity for chocolate and peanut butter.
Cream Cheese Chocolate & Peanut Butter Chip Muffins
- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 oz 1 brick cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk I used 2%
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted & cooled
- 1/2 cup Ghirardelli baking chips
- 1/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/4 cup or so chocolate sanding sugar (or turbinado sugar if you can't find chocolate sanding sugar)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a muffin pan with liners. Set aside.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl.
- In another large bowl (or use your stand mixer), beat the softened cream cheese until creamy.
- Add in the eggs and beat until smooth.
- Add in the milk, vanilla, and melted butter and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the flour mixture bowl. Use a large (wooden) spoon to mix until fully combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips and peanut butter chips and stir to make sure they're evenly distributed.
- Use a large cookie scoop, or ice cream scoop, to distribute the batter evenly amongst the 12 muffin wells.
- Generously (I should have been more generous), sprinkle the tops with the chocolate sanding sugar (or turbinado sugar).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the muffins just start to brown and are slightly firm.
- Let cool then enjoy!
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.
Or maybe you’ll like…
Nutella Swirl Muffins