Halloween Swirl Cream Cheese Brownies have a layer of rich, dark chocolate brownie topped with a layer of orange cheesecake then swirled together for a spooky treat. These are sure to be a perfect dessert treat for everyone at your Halloween party!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
It’s the second week of October so it’s appropriate that I’m sharing a Halloween recipe, right? When I pull up my Pinterest feed or step into any store, I’m already seeing all things Christmas. I feel behind and it’s not even November!
HALLOWEEN SWIRL CREAM CHEESE BROWNIES
To be honest, I did make these cream cheese brownies a couple months ago, but other things came up so I’m just now getting around to posting them. The problem with that is, I don’t know where I wrote down my notes for the recipe.
If I’m too prepared, I mess myself up.
Anyway, I found the recipe so you’re in luck and will have a chance to enjoy these Halloween themed cream cheese brownies for the spooky day!
HALLOWEEN BROWNIES INGREDIENTS
- Sugar – Granulated sugar.
- Flour – All purpose flour.
- Cocoa Powder – I use Hershey’s Special Dark because you want it to be really dark/black.
- Salt – Helps enhance flavor.
- Baking Powder – For rise.
- Eggs – Large eggs.
- Vegetable Oil
- Vanilla Extract – A good quality vanilla extract, even though it’s pricey!
- Cream Cheese – A brick (8oz) at room temperature.
- Orange Food Coloring – I ordered this Wilton Color Kit and love the custom colors you can make.
TIPS FOR MAKING THESE BROWNIES:
- Line your baking pan with parchment paper to make it easy to remove after baking
- Use a skewer instead of a spatula for more intricate swirls in your cream cheese brownies
- Use this same recipe for multiple holidays, simply change out the food coloring to match the holiday (like these Christmas Brownies)!
I like that the swirls in these cream cheese brownies have a creepy, spidery effect. You could leave out the food coloring and just make these “regular” and they’d still be really pretty.
TOOLS TO HELP YOU MAKE CREAM CHEESE SWIRL BROWNIES
- Food Coloring Kit – this is the food coloring I use. I didn’t tell you exactly how much orange to use because it will depend on which kit you’re using. If you’re using the Wilton Color Right Performance Food Coloring Set I link here, it comes with a color formula chart that shows you exactly how many drops you need of each color to make bright colors, pastels, etc. It’s a really good kit. I have fun with it.
- 8 x 8 baking dish – love that this has a lid for easy storing.
- Brownie spatula – because you have to get them out of the pan!
Watch Halloween Swirl Cream Cheese Brownies being made:
NEED MORE HALLOWEEN BAKING IDEAS? TRY THESE:
- THIRTY Halloween Desserts – I compiled a great bunch of recipes in this list!
- Halloween Chocolate Tunnel Cake – the colors on this one are so fun!
- Brownie Bottom Halloween Cupcakes – brownie + cake = a whole lotta delicious.
- Black Cat Pudding Cups – these require no cooking and would be fun to send in as a class treat
- Jack-O-Lantern Brownie Bite – the kids will like to help decorate these.
- Best Halloween Party Food Ideas – not just baked goods, all kinds of ideas for your Halloween party.
This Halloween, have fun making our favorite Cream Cheese Brownies for a fun and spooky treat that everyone loves. This grown up dessert is a perfect treat everyone will love on the Halloween party buffet table this year!
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
If you MAKE & LOVE this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag me #persnicketyplates so I can see it. I LOVE seeing what you make & I’ll share it in my stories!
Halloween Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies
For the Brownie Layer:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 x 8 baking dish with parchment paper or foil and spray with non-stick spray. Set aside.
For the Brownie Layer
- In a medium bowl, add the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder.
- In a small bowl, add the eggs, oil, and vanilla. Mix with a fork until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula until just combined.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the batter for the swirls then pour the remaining batter into the prepared baking dish.
For the Cream Cheese Layer
- In a medium bowl, add the cream cheese, sugar, egg, & vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- Add in the orange food coloring and stir to combine.
- Gently spread the cream cheese layer on top of the brownie batter.
- Drop tablespoons of the remaining brownie batter on top and gently swirl with a knife or skewer.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until set. Remove and let cool completely before slicing.