Lemon Pepper Almonds are a healthy and easy snack. They only take a few minutes to put together but they’re full of flavor and protein to keep you full!
Thank you to California Almonds for partnering with me on this post. All opinions, as always, are my own.
Remember when I made Dark Chocolate Toasted Almond & Coconut Hearts to celebrate National Snacking Month & Almond Day? Well, here’s a savory almond recipe to keep the snacking going!
LEMON PEPPER ALMONDS
Being pregnant, I’ve found that I need a snack around 10:30 am and 3:30 pm at my desk every day. I’ve been reaching for trail mix but almonds are so much better for me (& baby).
Just one ounce of almonds curb my appetite and are full of protein, fiber, calcium, potassium, and iron. They’re basically the perfect snack.
Whole, natural almonds are good but to switch it up, I added my favorite seasoning – lemon pepper. I swear I put it on nearly everything and it’s great on almonds.
These almonds travel well and are convenient to keep a little baggie of them in my purse.
Over the weekend, when I’m not at my desk, I eat a handful of these almonds with some Spanish cheese and olives. The perfect little treat for me or it would be great to put out at a party for munchies.
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- sprinkle of garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet (reach for one with a lip so your almonds don't roll away) with foil and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the almonds, olive oil, lemon pepper, sea salt, and garlic powder, stir to fully coat. I let them "marinate" a bit while my oven was preheating.
- Spread evenly onto your prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, stir, then bake another 10 minutes.
To learn more about Almond Month and for more recipes and nutrition info, visit www.almonds.com.
Or maybe you’ll like…