Roasted chick peas are an easy and delicious snack that you don’t have to feel guilty about! Season them with whatever flavors you like.
I feel like if I’m not posting a super sweet baked good, I’m usually posting a semi-healthy snack. At least my taste buds have a little balance.
I love chick peas. I like them on salads and I love them as hummus. Since I love roasting things (potatoes, zucchini, cauliflower, green beans), I decided to roast some them. It was a good decision because these were really good. I couldn’t stop eating them. I especially liked the ones that were extra crispy (some might even say burnt). The key to getting them crunchy is making sure you dry them really well before you roast them.
I divided this batch into two flavors – lemon pepper and cajun. Then I mixed them together.
Roasted chick peas are an easy and delicious snack that you don't have to feel guilty about! Season them with whatever flavors you like.
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 1 .5 cups
- 1 can 14 oz chick peas
- olive oil
- seasonings of your choice – I did half lemon pepper/sea salt and half cajun/sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Set aside.
- Drain your can of chick peas in a colander and rinse really well.
- Lay out a couple layers of paper towel and spread the rinsed chick peas out on top. Pat them with another piece of paper towel. You want them to be really dry. As you dry them, the skins should start to fall off. Peel off any skins that are hanging.
- Once dry, add the chick peas to a bowl and very lightly drizzle olive oil over them. Toss them so they’re evenly coated. [I split into two batches so I could make two flavors]
- Sprinkle your choice of seasonings over the chick peas liberally.
- Line the seasoned chick peas in a single layer over the foiled pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, keeping an eye on them near the end so they don’t burn.
Amount Per Serving (0 g)
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g 0%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 0mg 0%
Potassium 0mg 0%
Total Carbohydrates 0g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Protein 0g 0%
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.