Squash chips are a healthy snack alternative to regular chips and they pack a ton of flavor. These easy baked veggie chips are a crispy side dish or great for late night snacking. You will have zero guilt about eating these!
This might be the easiest veggie recipe I’ve ever made. It’s possible I’ve said that before, but I really mean it this time. Plus, these squash chips taste good and they’re good for you. Not even in the questionable “good for you” way that I like to justify things. These are actually good for you. They make a perfect healthy snack food so adjust the recipe accordingly to make however much you want. I only had one squash on hand so that’s what I made.
- One yellow squash
- seasoned salt
- olive oil or olive oil/non-stick spray
- Preheat your oven to 255 degrees (low & slow) and line a baking sheet with tin foil. Set aside.
- Slice your squash into very thin disks. Super thin, like chips.
- Put the squash disks into a bowl, coat with olive oil (or spray), sprinkle with seasonings and toss to coat.
- Lay the squash in a single layer on your prepared baking sheet and bake for 2 hours. Mine could have probably come out a few minutes sooner but I was vacuuming and got distracted. Keep an eye on yours.
- That’s it. I wasn’t lying.
One squash should = approximately one cup of chips, depending on the size of your squash.
Or maybe you’ll like…
Baked Sweet Potato Fries