Squash chips are a healthy snack alternative to regular chips and they pack a ton of flavor. These easy baked veggie chips are a crispy side dish or great for late night snacking. You will have zero guilt about eating these!
This might be the easiest veggie recipe I’ve ever made. It’s possible I’ve said that before, but I really mean it this time.
Plus, these squash chips taste good and they’re good for you. Not even in the questionable “good for you” way that I like to justify things. These are actually good for you.
They make a perfect healthy snack food so adjust the recipe accordingly to make however much you want. I only had one squash on hand so that’s what I made.
TOOLS TO HELP YOU MAKE SQUASH CHIPS
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A ZUCCHINI AND A SQUASH
Not much! The main difference between a zucchini and a squash is the color. Zucchini is green, squash is yellow. Also, zucchini is usually straight and squash usually is larger at the bottom then tapers off. They taste the same and you can use either interchangeably in this recipe.
- One yellow squash
- seasoned salt
- olive oil or olive oil/non-stick spray
- Preheat your oven to 255 degrees (low & slow) and line a baking sheet with tin foil. Set aside.
- Slice your squash into very thin disks. Super thin, like chips.
- Put the squash disks into a bowl, coat with olive oil (or spray), sprinkle with seasonings and toss to coat.
- Lay the squash in a single layer on your prepared baking sheet and bake for 2 hours. Mine could have probably come out a few minutes sooner but I was vacuuming and got distracted. Keep an eye on yours.
- That’s it. I wasn’t lying.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.
Or maybe you’ll like…