Squash chips are a healthy alternative to regular chips and they pack a ton of flavor. You won’t have to feel guilty about eating all of them!
This might be the easiest recipe I’ve ever made. It’s possible I’ve said that before, but I really mean it this time. Plus, it tastes good and they’re good for you. Not even in the questionable “good for you” way that I like to justify things. These are actually good for you. They make a perfect snack food so adjust the recipe accordingly to make however much you want. I only had one squash on hand so that’s what I made.
- One yellow squash
- seasoned salt
- olive oil (or olive oil/non-stick spray)
- Preheat your oven to 255 degrees (low & slow) and line a baking sheet with tin foil. Set aside.
- Slice your squash into very thin disks. Super thin, like chips.
- Put the squash disks into a bowl, coat with olive oil (or spray), sprinkle with seasonings and toss to coat.
- Lay the squash in a single layer on your prepared baking sheet and bake for 2 hours. Mine could have probably come out a few minutes sooner but I was vacuuming and got distracted. Keep an eye on yours.
- That’s it. I wasn’t lying.