No Bake Chewy Granola Bars filled with peanut butter, honey, raisins, dates, and pecans are a healthy start to your day. With only five ingredients, you can whip them up in no time!
Click to download coupons for Great Grains® cereal (among other coupons!)
Happy 2017! I think that’s the first time I wrote/typed that. We had a very low-key New Year’s Eve this year. We made a trip to IKEA (madhouse) then came home and I made veggie lasagna roll-ups and watched Frozen with Julia. After she went to bed, Bob and I attempted a movie but I think I was asleep by 10:30. Oops. I did get up to watch the ball drop, at least.
NO BAKE CHEWY GRANOLA BARS
Now that the new year is upon us, we have a blank slate to start (or continue) some healthy habits. One change that I made last year, that I’m continuing this year, was to make sure I eat breakfast. It has done wonders for me during my workday. I’m no longer starving and watching the clock until lunch (well, I am…but not because of hunger pangs :)).
I eat something every morning but it is typically in the car on the way to the office. For that reason, a bowl of cereal is out of the question. So, I re-purposed Great Grains® Raisins, Dates & Pecans cereal into these chewy granola bars. Only five ingredients, no added refined sugar, and filling to start my day right – even when I’m on the go.
No Bake Chewy Granola Bars
- 3 cups Great Grains® Raisins Dates & Pecans cereal
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, add the peanut butter, honey, vanilla, and salt over medium-low heat. Stir to combine and heat until smooth.
- To a large bowl, add the cereal, then pour the peanut butter mixture over it. Stir to fully coat.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and press into an even layer.
- Pop into the freezer for approximately 30 minutes or until set.
- Cut into bars.
You can use any of the Great Grains® flavors for these – Banana Nut Crunch would probably be really good with the peanut butter!
Check out the link for Great Grains coupons as well as many others for your other cereal favorites!