Nutter Butter Balls (or truffles, if you’re feeling classy) have just FIVE simple ingredients. They are no-bake, delicious, and perfect for the holidays!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
This easy dessert recipe takes classic peanut butter balls up a notch by swapping graham crackers for Nutter Butters and adding cream cheese to the mix. They taste like peanut butter cheesecake or peanut butter pie!
I like to incorporate some no-bake desserts into my holiday baking to give the oven a break. These cookie balls pair nicely on a spread with Christmas “crack”, peanut butter fudge, and chocolate peanut butter cornflake cookies.
If you’re not familiar with Nutter Butters, they’re a peanut butter sandwich cookie. Something like an Oreo, but peanut butter instead of chocolate. When I’m not turning them into cookie balls, I also like to stuff them into brownies or use them as a crust for cheesecake bars.
- NUTTER BUTTER COOKIES – A delicious peanut butter sandwich cookie made by Nabisco, they should be easy to find in any cookie aisle.
- CREAM CHEESE – Use full fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature.
- POWDERED SUGAR – Also sometimes called confectioners’ sugar.
- PEANUT BUTTER – I use creamy but crunchy could add a fun texture.
- CHOCOLATE MELTING WAFERS – I use Ghirardelli Melting Wafers because they melt really nicely. You can use regular chocolate chips just add a teaspoon of coconut oil or vegetable to the chips while you’re melting them to thin it out.
- SPRINKLES & SEA SALT – Optional, but recommended toppings.
TOOLS FOUND ON AMAZON TO HELP YOU
- Food Processor – I have the mini version and it has done me well for years.
- Medium Cookie Scoop – To easily and evenly scoop out the balls.
- Lipped Cookie Sheet – So the balls don’t roll off.
- Sprinkles – Christmas (or any) nonpareils are perfect topping.
HOW TO MAKE NUTTER BUTTER COOKIE BALLS
STEP ONE: Add the Nutter Butters to the food processor and crush until a fine crumb. [Reserve some to the side to use for topping] Add the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and peanut butter to the food process and mix until combined.
STEP TWO: Use a medium cookie scoop to portion out balls, smooth between your palms, and then place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Repeat until out of cookie mixture.
STEP THREE: Melt your chocolate wafers in the microwave in 30 second increments – stir, heat, stir – until smooth. Use a spoon and a fork to dip each cookie ball into the melted chocolate and then carefully return to the parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
STEP FOUR: Before the chocolate hardens, sprinkle each ball with Nutter Butter crumbs, sea salt, or sprinkles.
STEP FIVE: Allow the chocolate to harden for approximately 30 minutes at room temperature (or 10 minutes in the fridge) and then transfer to an airtight container.
HOW TO STORE THEM
Store the balls in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
CAN I FREEZE THEM
Yes, you can freeze these truffles. Move them to an airtight freezer bag and freeze them for up to a month. When you’re ready to eat them, move them to the fridge to thaw.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- Make sure to use full fat cream cheese for best flavor and results.
- 10 oz of chocolate chips may be used instead of melting wafers but you will need to add ½ teaspoon of coconut or vegetable oil to the mixture so it melts smoothly.
- These balls are pretty firm right after mixing and there is no need for them to chill before being dipped unlike other similar recipes.
- Try adding 1/4 teaspoon of salt to these balls to add to the overall flavor.
MORE COOKIE BALLS RECIPES:
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
It is VERY HELPFUL to me and other readers if you leave a review after you make my recipe. Please come back & let me know how it turned out!