Once you try these thick, chewy, cake-like Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies, you’re going to forget about all your other chocolate chip cookie recipes!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
I am partnering with OXO today in support of Cookies for Kids’ Cancer to inspire others to Be A Good Cookie and host their own bake sales – preferably with these perfect cookies!
This recipe is courtesy of Dan Kluger, the chef/owner of Loring Place in NYC. He’s one of several chefs who have teamed up with OXO to raise awareness for the Cookies for Kids’ Cancer program.
If you’re not familiar, Cookies for Kids’ Cancer (CFKC) raises funds for research to develop new & improved treatments for pediatric cancer.
For each blogger that helps spread the word, OXO will be donating $100 (up to their $100,000 post commitment) so I am happy to particpate.
YOU can join in and help raise money for this amazing cause by hosting your own bake sale or event in your neighborhood. Register your event with CFKC and they’ll help you make it a success.
Today, I’m excited to share these Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies. They might be my new favorite (do I say that every time I try a new cookie recipe…?)
If you’ve never tried adding a sprinkle of sea salt to your chocolate chip cookies, you’ve been missing out. The saltiness perfectly balances the rich dark chocolate in these cookies. They are thick and chewy and I was sad when we finished them off.
WHAT ARE CHOCOLATE FEVES?
Chocolate feves are larger chocolate disks than traditional chocolate chips. They make for great layers of chocolate in a cookie and the majority of the time, they’re made with higher quality chocolate than standard chips. I picked up the 64% feves I used in this batch at Whole Foods.
TOOLS FOUND ON AMAZON TO HELP YOU MAKE THESE COOKIES
- Non-Stick Pro Half Sheet Jelly Roll Pan – I LOVE this pan. It has a micro-textured pattern that not only looks and feels luxe, it also improves airflow and allows for more even baking. The lip also comes in handy for so many things.
- Silicone Baking Mat – If you’re not already baking with silicone baking mats, you need to start. They cut down on clean-up and waste and I swear my cookies turn out prettier every time I use them.
- Small Cookie Scoop – I have cookie scoops in all sizes but this one by OXO is made really well and can withstand a lot of cookie scooping (believe me, I’ve scooped a lot and broken inferior brand scoops).
- 11″ Balloon Whisk – I like to whisk together my dry ingredients before incorporating them into the wet ingredients.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE PERFECT SALTED CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- Use room temperature butter and eggs.
- Chill your cookie dough after you mix it up for at least 30 minutes. This helps the butter solidify and prevents your cookies from spreading too much.
- As you scoop the cookie dough, I like to use a trick I learned from Sally’s Baking Addiction – make the balls taller rather than wider which leads to a thicker cookie.
- Use Maldon Sea Salt Flakes – which are larger, pyramid shaped flakes – to top your cookies. They are the perfect compliment to the chocolate feves.
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Thank you again to OXO for providing me the tools used to make these Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies and supporting such a great cause!