Golden Oreo Sand Pudding is such a fun summer treat! You make Oreo cookie “sand” and layer it with pudding to create a beach themed dessert that looks just like sand.
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
This past weekend one of my besties threw a bridal shower for her little sister. She is having a beachy theme so we thought it would be fun to make sand pudding. My mom made it for my brother’s graduation party last year and it was a big hit. It’s basically dirt cake, but looks like sand. The bride wanted chocolate so we made a sand/vanilla bucket and a dirt/chocolate bucket. I think it’s fun and it got rave reviews.
WHAT IS SAND PUDDING?
Sand pudding is a fun dessert, much like a trifle or parfait, that uses crushed Oreo cookies to look like sand. And let me tell you, it really does look like sand! You layer the crushed cookies with pudding to make an easy dessert that everyone loves.
OREO SAND PUDDING INGREDIENTS
- Golden Oreos – You’ll need the whole package, but you’ll scrape the centers out.
- Classic Oreos – When you mix in a few classic Oreos, it really makes the sand look realistic.
- Cream Cheese – Softened to room temperature.
- Butter – Also softened to room temperature.
- Powdered Sugar
- Pudding – You’ll need two 3.9oz packages of instant pudding mix. I use vanilla. Banana will work, too.
- Milk – I use 2% because that’s what I usually have on hand.
- Cool Whip – Thawed.
HOW DO YOU MAKE GOLDEN OREO SAND PUDDING
Making Golden Oreo Sand Pudding is really easy since it’s a no-bake treat, but it does require a little bit of time to assemble.
First, scrape all of the fillings out of the Oreos. This step is optional, to some, but I find this dessert to have enough sugar, so I scrape out the centers.
Next, crush the Oreos in a food processor (use the entire package of Golden Oreos with a couple black/classic Oreos to make the sand realistic looking) until you have a sand-like texture.
Then, in a large bowl, cream together the cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar.
In another large bowl, whisk together the pudding mixes and milk. Then add it to the cream cheese mixture.
Finally, gently fold in the Cool Whip.
Now you’re ready to assemble your dessert. I like to serve it out of a bucket (the dollar store usually has cute ones!) to keep with the theme. Start with a layer of sand, then alternate sand/pudding until your bucket is full, making sure to end with sand.
That’s it! You’re ready to serve and enjoy.
HOW DO YOU STORE SAND PUDDING
Sand pudding should be kept covered in the fridge until you’re ready to serve it.
TOOLS TO HELP YOU MAKE SAND PUDDING
- Mini Food Processor – to crush all of the cookies.
- Sand Buckets & Shovels – Like I said, you can usually find these at the dollar store, but ordering online is always an option.
- Mixing Bowls – You’ll need a few mixing bowls to prep the layers for the sand pudding.
NEED MORE NO-BAKE DESSERTS? TRY THESE:
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
If you MAKE & LOVE this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag me #persnicketyplates so I can see it. I LOVE seeing what you make & I’ll share it in my stories!
WATCH ME MAKE SAND PUDDING LIVE:
Golden Oreo Sand Pudding
Golden Oreo Sand Pudding is such a fun summer treat! You make Oreo cookie "sand" and layer it with pudding to create a beach themed dessert that looks just like sand.
- 1 package Golden Oreos centers scraped out
- 4 classic Oreos centers scraped out
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 3.9 oz vanilla instant pudding or banana
- 2 3/4 cup milk
- 12 oz Cool Whip thawed
- Bucket & shovel usually you can find these at the dollar store
- Scrape out the center cream in the Oreos.
- In a food processor, combine the golden Oreos and the regular Oreos & crush until sand-like.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the softened cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar.
- In another bowl, mix together the pudding mixes & milk. Add to cream cheese mixture.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Layer into buckets – sand, pudding, sand, pudding, etc. making sure you end with sand.
- Scoop out with the shovels & enjoy!
Check out the chocolate dirt pudding here.