Being stuck inside all weekend meant I got to do some cooking and baking. If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook you saw me wondering what my new neighbors think of me taking pictures of food on my back deck. I’m sure someone has seen me by now and it must look strange.
Whatever, I’ve seen some of them do some odd things, too.
I miss making Julia purees now that she’s older and eating “grown up” food, but she still likes applesauce. Most people like applesauce, right?
I don’t. I love apples, but I don’t like applesauce. But my husband, dad, and Julia loved this. It’s so easy to make and I love that you know everything that’s in it. No preservatives. Nothing artificial. Plus, it’s super easy and makes a ton. That I can appreciate.
Slow Cooker Cinnamon Applesauce
- Approx. 2 lbs of apples I used 11 Gala apples
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Wash and peel the apples. Chop them (I used an apple slicer) and place them in the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, toss together the brown sugar and cinnamon. Pour over the apples and stir to coat.
- Pour the water and lemon juice over the apples and stir again to coat.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Use a potato masher to get the consistency you're after.