Sriracha Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 sticks unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar + some for rolling the dough balls
- 1 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup Sriracha sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups flour + a couple Tablespoons more, as needed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips I used Ghirardelli baking chips, per usual
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter and sugars with a hand mixer (or use a stand mixer).
- Add in the Sriracha, eggs, and vanilla. Continue mixing until well combined.
- In another medium bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and mix.
- Slowly mix the flour mixture into the peanut butter mixture (I did it in three parts) until fully combined. If the dough is still sticky, add an extra tablespoon of flour and mix. Keep doing this until the dough no longer sticks to your hand. I think it took two extra tablespoons for me.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Once chilled, preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, add some sugar. About 1/4 cup.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough balls then roll in the sugar. Set on your pan. Using a fork, press a criss-cross pattern to your dough balls. I did twelve cookies per baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until the cookies just start to brown around the edges.
- Transfer to a wire cooling rack to finish cooling.
Do you like sriracha in other dishes? I love adding it to eggs. Although, I hate the smell of it. It’s one of the few things I can smell, but I hate it.