Vanilla Cupcakes made from scratch should be a staple recipe in every bakers’ arsenal. This recipe makes a small batch perfect to satisfy a craving.
I first found this recipe for Vanilla Cupcakes in USA Weekend then made a couple adjustments. I love that it only makes 12-18 cupcakes (depending on how full you fill the wells) so you don’t have dozens of cupcakes in your house.
This recipe calls for self rising flour, which I often don’t keep stocked in my pantry. If you don’t either, you can use this hack – whisk 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt into 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour. Boom – self rising flour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a muffin/cupcake pan with cupcake wrappers. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the butter and sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add in the warm water and vanilla extract and mix until just combined.
- Starting and ending with an egg, alternate adding eggs and flour, beating until each is thoroughly incorporated.
- Evenly divide batter into your prepared cupcake pan. It should make 12-18 cupcakes.
- Bake until fully cooked and golden, 15-17 minutes.
- Let cool then frost.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.
Photos updated February 13, 2017
Or maybe you’ll like…
Chocolate Milk Cupcakes