Coconut Oatmeal Scotchies are perfectly chewy yet soft, with chunks of butterscotch and flecks of coconut in every bite!
COCONUT OATMEAL SCOTCHIES
Hello beautiful people! Well first of all, I’m so glad I can be posting over heyahhh while Melissa is fixing up the house after the fire. How horrible! I’d be going crazy in the head if I couldn’t bake.
I’m a 14 year old, Christian, home schooled aspiring baker and photographer living in Namibia, Africa with my family as missionaries for two years.
Alright now that you know a little bit about me, let’s talk cookies, shall we?
I LOVE oatmeal scotchies. Especially the ones with the crispy edges and the chewy middles. Oh my gosh.
Since butterscotch and coconut go together so well, I decided to throw some coconut into these oatmeal scotchies, and change up just a few other things because I love you. I ALSO love these cookies.
- 1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c.(2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 c. quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 c. shredded coconut
- 1 c. butterscotch chips
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, sugars, vanilla, and eggs.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until combined.
- Fold in the oats, shredded coconut, and butterscotch chips. Mix until combined. Refrigerate the dough for at least 1-2 hours.
- When the dough is finished refrigerating, preheat the oven to 375ºF. On a greased cookie sheet, drop the dough by tablespoonfuls. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
Or maybe you’ll like…
Iced Oatmeal Cookies