Crunch ‘n Munch Cookie Bars have a soft, chewy, and buttery base with sweet & salty popcorn scattered throughout. They pair perfectly with Papa John’s new pan pizza for game day or any night!
We often have pizza on the weekends around here and like to try out new kinds. Papa John’s just debuted their new pan pizza so we were excited to try it. I, of course, like to make a dessert to go with our pizza. It’s what I do.
CRUNCH ‘N MUNCH COOKIE BARS
Apparently, this new pan pizza is so popular that our closest Papa John’s was sold out. We had to drive seven miles to the next one, but it was worth it. I love pan pizza with cheese all the way to the crust that’s crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. <heart eyes>
Plus, when you dip it in the Papa John’s garlic sauce?! <all the heart eyes>
So, the bars are Bob’s brainchild. He recently asked why I hadn’t incorporated Crunch ‘n Munch into a baked good. I think popcorn + pizza is fun football food, so this is my spin on it.
I started with my favorite cookie base (the classic Nestle recipe) and added in chopped Crunch ‘n Munch then topped it with more popcorn. You end up with a sweet and chewy bar that’s buttery and oh so good. The perfect complement to a pizza.
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks 1 cup salted butter, at room temp
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 package 3.5 oz Crunch 'n Munch, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a jelly roll pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir together and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the softened butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. Beat together until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well between each addition.
- Pour in the chopped Crunch 'n Munch and stir together to distribute.
- Spread into the prepared pan, press additional popcorn into the top, then bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool slightly then slice into bars.
Each pizza is handcrafted, made just for you, and (the best part) right now you can try the new pan pizza for just $10 with up to three toppings. So, let Papa John’s make you dinner this weekend and go into a state of Pandemonium! 😉