This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Home Chef. All opinions are 100% mine.
Macaroni and Cheese Flatbread topped with roasted broccoli, grape tomatoes, and panko bread crumbs makes a filling dinner or a great appetizer.
MACARONI AND CHEESE FLATBREAD
I talk about this all the time but I would much rather bake than cook any day. Deciding what to cook for dinner after a busy day at work is pretty much my least favorite thing. On top of that, our house has been sick since October. Back to back colds, sinus infections, strep…we’re a mess.
Thankfully, I had Home Chef to help me this week. Meal Delivery services aren’t new – I know my cousin uses one – but Home Chef is my first experience. I had a really hard time deciding what to have delivered. The menu changes weekly and there’s a wide variety of delicious meals. I went with the vegetarian Macaroni and Cheese Flatbread. Carbs on carbs on carbs.
My box arrived on a Friday and sat outside for quite a few hours before I got home from work. I’m sure it helped that it’s freezing here, but it was very well packed and all the ingredients were cold and fresh.
Apparently I put off cooking dinner even when I have all the ingredients in the fridge and a recipe card in front of me because I waited quite a few days, but the ingredients were all still fresh. Once I finally got started, I laughed at myself for waiting so long because Home Chef made it so easy. Having everything portioned out and ready to go was so easy.
- 4 oz broccoli
- 1 shallot
- 4 oz grape tomatoes
- 3 parsley sprigs
- 4 oz cavatappi pasa
- 5 oz evaporated whole milk
- 2 oz shredded cheddar
- 2 oz shredded asiago
- 2 Naan flatbreads
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil. Set aside.
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to boil.
- While you're waiting on the water to boil, coarsely chop the broccoli, mince the shallot, halve the grape tomatoes, and coarsely chop the parsley.
- Place the chopped broccoli on your prepared baking sheet and drizzle 2 teaspoons of olive oil over the top. Season with salt & pepper then toss to coat. Spread into a single layer and roast for 12-15 minutes or until the broccoli softens and starts to brown. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Cook the pasta in your boiling water and cook 9-11 minutes, or until al dente. Drain and set aside. Bring the pot back to the stove.
- Over medium high heat, add a teaspoon of olive oil and the minced shallot to the pot. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the evaporated milk and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cheddar and asiago cheese and season with salt & pepper. Stir until melted the pour in the cooked pasta.
- Line another baking sheet (or the same one, once you move the broccoli off) with foil and lay out the naan bread. Spread the macaroni and cheese evenly over the two pieces.
- Top with roasted broccoli and grape tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the panko crumbs over both flatbreads and drizzle 1 teaspoon olive oil over each.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Once done, sprinkle with chopped parsley and cut into desired number of pieces. Serve immediately.
This would easily feed two for dinner or slice into many pieces and serve as an appetizer at a party.
I’m definitely going to keep Home Chef in mind for the weeks I want a break and want to make cooking dinner easy. They really couldn’t make it much easier for you.