Spinach and Zucchini Frittata – a simple egg & veggie dish that’s perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. And it’s healthy!
At first, I thought I made a quiche. Then I did some googling and learned that a quiche typically has a crust and heavy cream. A frittata has no crust and a little milk. So, frittata it is.
I love that it is so simple and you can throw just about any veggies you want into it. Or some ham, that would probably be good.
Life has been super hectic lately with being back to work and learning how to be a mom. I sometimes think I’ve got the hang of it, but Baby Girl likes to switch things up on me to keep me on my toes. For that reason, I need easy meal ideas. This fits the bill.
Spinach and Zucchini Frittata - a simple egg & veggie dish that's perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. And it's healthy!
- 2 small zucchini, sliced thinly
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, roughly chopped or torn
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup milk (I used 2%)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Montreal chicken seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9" pie plate with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, add some olive oil and the minced garlic.
- Add in the sliced zucchini. Season with salt, pepper, and Montreal chicken seasoning. Stir frequently and let cook for about 5 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, add the eggs, egg whites, milk, and seasonings and whisk to combine.
- Place the cooked zucchini into the bottom of the prepared pie plate. Sprinkle ¼ cup of cheese over the top.
- Pour the egg mixture on top of the zucchini. Tear/chop up the spinach and sprinkle it over the egg/zucchini. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the center no longer jiggles. Let it cool for approximately 10 minutes then slice and serve.
(Visited 3,994 times, 44 visits today)
Let's ChatLeave A Comment
Join Persnickety Plates on