This baked brie recipe features a rich, creamy, buttery brie round and is topped with naturally sweet honey, fresh, fragrant thyme, red pepper flakes, and finished with pecans for the perfect honey nut brie centerpiece!
Baked brie is a deliciously rich, decadent appetizer that will please any palate. It’s perfect for any occasion. This brie round is sweet, savory, and it can be served as an appetizer or a dessert!
It’s easy to make and pairs well with fruit or a toasted french baguette for smearing. In fact, you can whip up this dish in less than 30 minutes from start to finish!
Once you try this delicious baked brie recipe with my honey pecan topping, I’m sure that you’ll be back for more.
Since you’re picking up some pecans, make my no bake praline pecan cookies, too!
Why you’ll love this Honey Nut Glazed Brie Recipe
- Brie rounds make for easy throw-together appetizers that are perfect for any occasion.
- You can prepare more than one variation for a large crowd. Serve a savory, sweet, and plain option when hosting a dinner party.
- Very little cleanup is required, which is always a plus in my book!
- You can easily get creative with different combinations of toppings.
Equipment you’ll need
Ingredients for your Baked Brie With Pecans & Honey
Below is a list of the major ingredients with some helpful tips and possible substitutions. Scroll all the way down for the full recipe card with measurements.
- Brie – You’ll need one round of brie, which is 8 ounces. Brie is usually near the deli department of a market with the other speciality cheeses.
- Pecans – I opted for pecan pieces because I had some on hand from the last time I made a pistachio cake. You can use chopped pecans or halves, as well.
- Honey – Higher quality the better. Ideally local honey would be the best if you have access.
- Red Pepper Flakes – To balance a bit of the sweetness, but this can be skipped.
How To Make Brie With Honey & Pecan Topping
- STEP ONE: Unwrap the round of brie and place it in the center of a small heat safe baking dish. Score the top of the cheese with diagonal lines.
- STEP TWO: In a small bowl, add the pecan chips, half the honey, red pepper flakes, and thyme and mix together.
- STEP THREE: Pour the mixture over the scored cheese and drizzle with olive oil and additional honey.
- STEP FOUR: Bake for 10-15 minutes in a preheated oven at 375° until bubbling and gooey.
- STEP FIVE: Immediately serve with toasted bread and fruit.
Additional Baked Brie Toppings
- Cranberry and Pecan Baked Brie
- Balsamic and Figs Brie Topping
- Sundried tomatoes and capers
- Apricots and Walnuts
- And anything else you enjoy!
How to store leftover Baked Brie
If you have any leftover brie put it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The brie will keep for up to three days in the refrigerator.
To reheat, set it out at room temp for about 30 minutes prior to serving. You’ll want to follow the same steps as above to warm it back up.
Oven-Baked Brie With Pecans & Honey FAQs
How many does 8 oz of brie serve?
One round of brie (8 oz) will comfortably serve 6, but more likely 8-10.
Can I use almonds or walnuts instead of pecans?
Sure! If you prefer to use a different nut, that’s fine. Any nut will work, and it may even make for a tasty alternative to the pecan. Pistachios would work well.
What if I can’t find fresh thyme?
You can use dried thyme or fresh oregano in place of the fresh thyme. If you just want to leave it out, that is okay too. The fresh thyme does bring another dimension of flavor to the brie that pairs really well with the honey and pecans. It’s worth hunting it down!
I don’t like honey, can I use another sweetener?
Absolutely! You could also replace the honey with maple syrup or agave nectar as well. You can also make caramel with brown sugar and water! Really the possibilities are endless when it comes to brie.
What can I serve with baked brie?
Serve the round of brie with french baguette rounds and fruit such as grapes, strawberries, or figs. You could also serve it alongside a savory appetizer like an antipasto platter! If it’s winter, you could serve it alongside a Snowman Cheese Ball.
Get creative and think of your favorite flavors!
Need more cheesy recipes? Try these:
Click here for my entire collection of appetizer recipes.
Connect with Persnickety Plates!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe: