Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken combines tender chicken, red bell peppers, and onions in a super flavorful honey garlic sauce made easily right in the crockpot.
Before serving, toss your favorite noodles in the sauce for a full dinner that everyone will love.
Crockpot Honey Garlic Chicken
I’ve made chicken in a crock pot more times than I can count. Delicious, saucy, flavorful, fall-apart tender chicken like crock pot honey bourbon chicken and slow cooker hot honey chicken are just a couple of my favorites!
I’m now totally digging this TikTok viral sensation inspired slow cooker honey garlic chicken and noodles as if it’s a totally new invention.
We’ve seen chicken and noodles before, and we’ve seen honey garlic sauce before, but I’m not sure we’ve ever seen honey garlic chicken and spaghetti before!
Maybe it’s the delicious honey garlic sauce or the fact that we’re combining it with cooked noodles coated in that sweet and tangy sauce to it to complete the meal that makes it feel brand new.
Whatever it is, it’s a great recipe worth making over and over again.
If you’re craving more honey garlic flavor, try my honey garlic steak bites or honey garlic meatballs!
Why you’ll love Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
Easy recipe – This is a true dump-and-set recipe that you can walk away from. Making anything in the slow cooker is super convenient, but when it’s complete meal with protein, veg, and eventually a carb, it’s an entire effortless meal.
So much flavor – This Italian meets Chinese-inspired dish has so many layers that deserve to be savored with every bite, even though you’re using simple ingredients.
Versatile – There are so many ways to make this dish your own. The original recipe was inspired by a TikTok, but it’s not exactly the same, so check out the additions or substitutions I’ve got listed below.
Family dinner – Even picky eaters (usually) love sweet and sticky honey garlic sauce and slurping noodles so this is a meal the whole family will love.
Equipment you’ll need
- Slow Cooker – This is my slow cooker of choice. You’ll want at least a 6 quart for this recipe.
- Veggie Chopper – Makes chopping the onions a breeze. You can use it for the bell peppers as well if you’d like them diced.
- Tongs – For easy serving.
- Slotted Spoon – You might also want a slotted spoon for scooping out the chicken because there will be plenty of sauce.
Below is a list of the ingredients you’ll need to gather to make this recipe. Scroll all the way down for the full recipe card.
- Diced Onion – When cooked until soft, onions add so much flavor to this dish, not only to the chicken but to the sauce too. Little bits of cooked onion that are no longer pungent but just deliciously sweet and tasty is perfection.
- Red Bell Pepper – I like adding red pepper because of its natural sweetness. Just like the onions, they become nice and soft when cooked and add a textural as well as a colorful component. Feel free to swap with green pepper for a savory element.
- Chicken – Boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into bite-size pieces. Boneless chicken thighs can also be used, if you prefer dark meat.
- Sauce Ingredients – Honey, soy sauce, ketchup, sesame oil, and minced garlic combine for a sweet, savory, and tangy mixture. The sesame oil delivers an Asian-inspired flavor as well!
- Cornstarch & water – Making a cornstarch slurry helps to thicken the sauce at the end.
- Noodles – Cooked separately, spaghetti noodles will be added in at the end and tossed to coat in all that yummy sauce just before serving.
- Garnish – Scallions (green onions) or sesame seeds can be a great way to finish off this dish!
How to make Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- Step One: Add the chicken, bell pepper, and onions to the basin of the crock pot.
- Step Two: In a medium bowl, whisk together the honey, soy sauce, ketchup, sesame oil, and minced garlic and pour it over the chicken and veggies. Stir everything to combine.
- Step Three: Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours or HIGH for 4 hours until chicken is cooked through and the veggies are soft and tender.
- Step Four: Once the cook time is up, in a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water. Pour the mixture into the sauce and stir to distribute. This thickens the sauce and is optional. Skip it if you prefer a thinner sauce.
- Step Five: Pour in the cooked and drained spaghetti and toss to combine, making sure all the noodles are nicely coated.
- Step Six: Garnish with scallions and/or sesame seeds and enjoy!
What to serve with Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken & Noodles
If you don’t want to toss in noodles, the chicken pairs really well with white rice, too.
For side dishes, oven roasted carrots or roasted green beans are easy and pair well with the delicious sauce.
For a low carb version you can omit the pasta and just serve the honey garlic chicken on its own with a tossed salad on the side or with some cauliflower rice.
You can also use it to make a sandwich and top if off with crunchy, creamy coleslaw.
- You can substitute chicken thighs or cubed pork if you prefer. I recommend sticking with boneless, no matter what.
- You can bulk it up with more veggies like broccoli, snap peas, or carrots.
- Use different noodles like angel hair or ramen.
- Skip the noodles altogether and serve it over rice or brown rice instead.
- For a spicy kick, add a pinch of red pepper flakes or dash of sriracha.
- I use low sodium soy sauce but regular can be used.
- Add extra zip and more Asian-inspired flavor to the sauce by adding some fresh ginger.
How to reheat and store Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken & Noodles
How to store leftovers
Keep any leftovers in an airtight container. If you have any extra sauce you can store it separately and use it as a dip, sauce, or glaze for other protein throughout the week.
How long will crock pot honey garlic chicken last in the fridge?
Store leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Can I freeze honey garlic chicken?
Yes! You can freeze it for up to 3 months once it has cooled completely. Place it in a freezer bag or freezer-safe container and thaw in the fridge overnight.
How to reheat honey garlic chicken?
If you’re reheating a large quantity, throw the cooked chicken back in the slow cooker until heated through. You can also use a saucepan on the stovetop.
To reheat a single serving, the microwave is all it needs.
Is it better to cook chicken breasts on low or high in the slow cooker?
I recommend cooking it on low and slow because chicken breasts are lean and without bone, they can cook through quite quickly.
Using a low temperature for a longer period of time ensures that they won’t overcook and will tenderize and remain juicy.
For this particular recipe, you can cook it on high, but keep an eye on them so they’re not overcooked for too long. Every slow cooker runs differently (some run really hot) so just make sure your chicken hits an internal temperature of 165°).
If they are a bit overdone and slightly dry the delicious honey garlic sauce will come to the rescue!
Can I double the recipe?
You can double it as long as you have a 6-quart crock pot or larger. It’s great for batch cooking and making more than you need and freezing the rest.
If you have a smaller size and want to halve the recipe, you can do that too.
How to prepare it ahead of time for meal prep?
This recipe is great for meal prep. You can make it ahead with just minutes of prep and toss all the ingredients into a freezer bag, get rid of as much air from the bag as possible, and seal it closed.
Freeze it for up to 3 months, then thaw it in the fridge overnight. Cook as directed in the slow cooker when you’re ready.
Need more easy crockpot chicken recipes? Try these:
Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Chicken
Crock Pot Cream of Mushroom Chicken
Click here for my entire collection of easy slow cooker recipes.
That looks delicious and simple enough for a busy mom to try 😉
Just a question: the recipe calls for cornstarch and water but they are not used anywhere in the steps – could you please clarify?
Many thanks 👍💞
Melissa Williams says
Updated above, thanks for catching me!
Loved this recipe! Easy and so tasty. Made exactly as written, delicious! Thanks, will be trying more of
Melissa Williams says
Yay 🙂 Welcome!