These Sprinkled Chocolate Fudge Cookie Bites are perfect for a cookie swap or to put out on a holiday table. You’d never guess they’re Weight Watchers cookies! This lightened up fudge cookie recipe is a nice break from all the indulgences, while still being delicious.
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
CHOCOLATE FUDGE COOKIE BITES
I used to receive the Weight Watchers magazine and tried quite a few of the recipes. I know the point system has changed many times over the years, but this is still a Weight Watchers cookie recipe.
You wouldn’t know by tasting them, but they are a lightened up cookie that uses applesauce along with a little butter.
They are bite size, which helps with the calorie count.
Adding sprinkles to them ups that calorie count, but it makes them so festive.
CHOCOLATE FUDGE COOKIE BITE INGREDIENTS
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Powder
Unrelated, I posted a meme on Facebook the other day about whether, when asked, you refer to your kids’ age in months or years and got quite a few responses (see it here), some snarkier than I cared for.
Let me be clear, I would never refer to a two year old as 24 months. That’s weird. And annoying. I was asking more about my 20 month old who’s over 1.5 but not quite 2. There’s a big difference between a 15 month old and a 20 month old.
I get that most people are just asking to be asking, they probably don’t actually care, but after tracking a pregnancy for 40 weeks, week-by-week, then switching to months for an infant, it’s hard to switch over to years.
For the record, I generally say “she’ll be 2 in March” or something to that effect.
Also for the record, sometimes I ask annoying things on FB just to bring people out of the woodwork & interact with me #missionaccomplished
AMAZON TOOLS TO HELP YOU:
- Baking Sheets – I like baking sheets that have a lip…so nothing slides off.
- Mixing Bowls – These are my favorite mixing bowls. They have grippy bottoms and are really pretty.
- Sprinkles! – Christmas sprinkles, or any other color you like.
- Wire Cooling Rack – To properly cool your cookies.
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Sprinkled Chocolate Fudge Cookie Bites
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the sugar, cocoa powder, and softened butter. Use a hand mixer to beat until combined.
- Add in the applesauce and vanilla and continue beating until blended.
- In a small bowl, add the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour the flour mixture into the beaten mixture and carefully stir with a spatula or wooden spoon until fully combined.
- Pour your sprinkles into a shallow bowl.
- Use your hands to shape the dough into approximately 40 small balls (marble size) and roll in sprinkles to fully coat. Once coated, line on the prepared baking sheets, approximately 1" apart.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool for a minute on the baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Originally published December 8, 2015