This past weekend one of my besties threw a bridal shower for her little sister. She is having a beachy theme so we thought it would be fun to make sand pudding. My mom made it for my brother’s graduation party last year and it was a big hit. It’s basically dirt cake, but looks like sand. The bride wanted chocolate so we made a sand/vanilla bucket and a dirt/chocolate bucket. I think it’s fun and it got rave reviews. It was a really cute shower – I can’t wait for the wedding in September!
I made the Sand Pudding live on Facebook. Watch it here:
Golden Oreo Cookie Sand Pudding - perfect for a summer/beach party!
- 1 package Golden Oreos, centers scraped out
- 3 or 4 regular Oreos, centers scraped out
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 small packages (3.9 oz) vanilla (or banana, I've done both) pudding mix
- 2 3/4 cup milk
- 12 oz Cool Whip
- Bucket & shovel (usually you can find these at the dollar store)
- Scrape out the center cream in the Oreos. We didn’t think of a good use for the centers. Let me know if you do.
- In a food processor, combine the golden Oreos and the regular Oreos & crush until sand-like.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the softened cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar.
- In another bowl, mix together the pudding mixes & milk. Add to cream cheese mixture.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Layer into buckets – sand, pudding, sand, pudding, etc. making sure you end with sand.
- Scoop out with the shovels & enjoy!
Check out the chocolate dirt pudding here.