This no bake Chocolate Eclair Dessert has layers of graham crackers, peanut butter pudding, a sprinkling of mini chocolate chips, and a chocolate peanut butter frosting. It’s a chocolate + peanut butter lovers dream.
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
My ::little:: brother went back to MSU last week so we wanted to have a family dinner to send him off. He requested taco night and a peanut butter centric dessert.
My mom handled the tacos and I tackled the dessert. He shares my love of chocolate and peanut butter so making him treats is easy.
I loaded Julia up for a Target trip to get ingredients. I used to stop at Target at least twice a week but since having a baby and moving, I don’t get to go nearly as often. Our old house was one mile from Target. I feel like everyone should live one mile from a Target but now it’s six miles to the nearest one. I’ll add that to my criteria for the next house.
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER ECLAIR DESSERT INGREDIENTS
- Vanilla Pudding – One package of instant vanilla pudding.
- Milk – I use 2%.
- Peanut Butter – Creamy peanut butter. I usually use Skippy Natural.
- Chocolate Chips – Use mini chocolate chips.
- Cool Whip – One container of whipped topping, thawed.
- Graham Crackers – You’ll need the whole box of graham crackers (about 45 crackers).
- Chocolate Frosting – One container of your favorite pre-made chocolate frosting.
This no bake chocolate eclair dessert is so easy to put together. Layers of graham crackers, layers of peanut butter pudding, sprinkling of mini chocolate chips, then topped with a chocolate peanut butter frosting. It’s a chocolate + peanut butter lovers dream.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE ECLAIR DESSERT
Because this dessert is no bake, it comes together in about 20 minutes but you do need to let it sit in the fridge for hours, so it’s best to make the day before you plan on serving it. You know how I’m in a “simplify all the things” stage in my life so this is perfect.
First, in a large bowl, add the instant pudding mix and 1 3/4 cup milk and stir until it is thick.
Add in 1/4 cup of peanut butter and 1/4 of milk and whisk until fully combined.
Gently stir in the thawed whipped topping and set aside.
Line a 9 x 13 baking dish with graham crackers until fully covered in a single layer. Pour 1/3 of the pudding mixture on top then sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.
Repeat the layers until you’re out of pudding mix, making sure to end with a graham cracker layer.
In a medium microwave safe bowl, add the frosting and 1/4 cup of peanut butter. Microwave for approximately 15 seconds, until just softened, so you can easily stir it to combine. Pour over the top layer of graham crackers and smooth with a spatula.
Finally, you have to let it sit in the fridge for 8 hours to fully set up and come together.
TOOLS TO HELP YOU MAKE THIS CHOCOLATE ECLAIR DESSERT
- Offset Spatula – An offset spatula makes it easy to spread the frosting.
- Mixing Bowls – You’ll need a large and a medium one for this recipe.
- Whisk – You’ll need a whisk to bring the pudding together.
- 9 x 13 Baking Dish – I love that it has a lid for storing leftovers.
NEED MORE NO BAKE TREATS IN YOUR LIFE? TRY THESE:
- Chocolate Chip Oreo Bon Bons
- No Bake Chocolate Lush
- No Bake Cheesecake Squares
- Sand Pudding
- Slow Cooker Copycat Avalanche Cookies
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
If you MAKE & LOVE this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag me #persnicketyplates so I can see it. I LOVE seeing what you make & I’ll share it in my stories!
HOW TO MAKE NO BAKE CHOCOLATE ECLAIR DESSERT
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Eclair Dessert
- 1 144g instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk divided
- 1/2 cup peanut butter divided
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 8 oz Cool Whip, thawed
- 45 graham crackers whole box
- 1 jar chocolate frosting
- In a large bowl, pour in 1 3/4 cup milk then whisk in the instant pudding for about 2 minutes, until well blended. It will be thick.
- Add in 1/4 cup peanut butter and 1/4 cup milk. Gently whisk until fully combined.
- Gently stir in the thawed Cool Whip. Set aside.
- In a 9 x 13 baking dish, layer graham crackers along the bottom until it's fully covered, breaking them when necessary.
- Pour 1/3 of the pudding mixture on top of the graham crackers.
- Sprinkle the mini chocolate chips on top. Repeat your layers ending with graham crackers.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, add in the chocolate frosting and 1/4 cup peanut butter. Microwave for approximately 15 seconds until slightly melty so you can stir and fully combine.
- Pour over the top of the graham crackers, smoothing with a spatula.
- Refrigerate for at least 8 hours before serving.
This was a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Wet Ones®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Originally published September 8, 2015