Double Chocolate Chewy Bars are semi-homemade and really simple – they start with a cake mix base and are dressed up with holiday sprinkles.
I can’t even believe how quickly Christmas is sneaking up on me this year. I guess it does every year, but this year seems extra busy.
Outside of Bob, Julia, and my parents, I don’t really give many gifts, but my cousin/bestie and I exchange presents every year. We like a lot of the same things (which is why we’re friends, obviously), so giving her a gift is usually easy.
Recently, she started a new job, in retail, so she’s on her feet all the time. She also recently dropped a can of WD-40 on her toe so her feet have seen better days (haha, love you & your feet, Jen ♥).
Pre-baby, she and I used to get pedicures together fairly often but I haven’t had much free time lately (as in, the last 20 months), so I grabbed one for my neglected feet, too.
To go with the “pamper yourself” theme, in addition to the Amopé Pedi Perfect™, I added in some of her favorite things – a lotion, a nail polish, some holiday socks, a pair of slippers, some gummi bears, and some individually wrapped Double Chocolate Chewy Bars.
This way, whenever she gets some time, she can sit down and give herself a pedicure and enjoy some treats. Probably while watching Jane the Virgin, which is the latest show we’re hooked on (have you watched it? It’s adorable).
How cute is this gift basket? My mom put it together for me. I wrap gifts like a toddler & she makes things look so pretty. The socks say “Mistletoes” – perfect for the theme.
To go with my gift basket, I made these really easy Double Chocolate Chewy Bars. They’re semi-homemade and only 5 ingredients so they come together really quickly.
Double Chocolate Chewy Bars
- 1 box chocolate fudge cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup salted butter melted & cooled
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 9 x 13 baking dish with foil. Spray with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the cake mix, 2 eggs, and melted butter. Stir together with a spatula. Batter will be thick.
- Add in chocolate chips, withholding some for the top.
- Spread into the prepared pan and top with remaining chocolate chips and whatever sprinkles you like.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for approximately 10 minutes then remove from pan, slice, and serve.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.
Is your shopping done??
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Amopé™. The opinions and text are all mine.