Spicy Chicken Chipotle Pasta is a Cheesecake Factory copycat recipe. This flavorful pasta dish is full of honey glazed chicken, asparagus, peppers, peas, garlic and onion in a spicy chipotle parmesan cream sauce. No need for going out when you can make this at home!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
I love a good restaurant copycat recipe. I make TGI Friday’s Jack Daniels Sauce, Noodles & Co. Pesto Cavatappi, and Hard Rock Cafe Twisted Mac & Cheese and now, Cheesecake Factory’s Spicy Chicken Chipotle Pasta.
We finally got a Cheesecake Factory near us but it is popular and the wait time for a table is always insane. Plus, the huge menu overwhelms me. Knowing that I can make this spicy pasta at home saves me time and money.
This creamy pasta has the perfect blend of heat from the chilis balanced with the sweetness from the honey.
CHICKEN – I use boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small (approx. 1″) chunks).
PASTA – I use penne but you could really use whichever shape is your favorite. Try to pick one that will grab the sauce.
LEMON JUICE – You’ll marinate the chicken in lemon juice and salt & pepper while you’re preparing the rest of the recipe.
HONEY – Honey is the perfect counterpart to the spicy chili sauce.
CHIPOTLE PEPPER SAUCE – You get the sauce from a can of adobo peppers.
BELL PEPPERS – Diced yellow and red bell peppers for flavor (& color!).
ONION – I use a yellow onion for a milder flavor. White onion will be a bit stronger.
GARLIC – Fresh minced garlic is best but I always keep minced garlic that you buy packed in oil on hand.
HEAVY CREAM – Sometimes called whipping cream, this will make the pasta sauce thick and creamy. Half & half will work as well.
PEAS – Frozen peas get added at the end. Canned peas will work as well.
ASPARAGUS – Fresh asparagus cut into small pieces. Try to choose thinner stalks so they cook evenly.
PARMESAN CHEESE – Shredded parmesan cheese, but grated will work if that’s what you have on hand.
TOOLS FOUND ON AMAZON TO HELP YOU
- Colander – You’ll need a colander to drain the asparagus and the pasta. I thought having a handle was unnecessary…until I got one.
- Large Skillet – A good skillet with a lid is a kitchen staple.
- Silicone Spatulas – I use these for EVERYTHING. They’re heat safe and great for sauteing.
HOW TO MAKE SPICY CHICKEN CHIPOTLE PASTA
STEP ONE: To a large pot of boiling water, blanch the asparagus, drain, then add the pasta to that same pot to cook until al dente.
STEP TWO: In a small bowl, marinate the chicken in lemon juice & salt and pepper while you’re preparing the vegetables.
STEP THREE: To a large skillet, cook the diced peppers and onions in butter until translucent. Remove the vegetables, add olive oil to the pan, and cook the chicken. Once the chicken is cooked, add in the honey.
STEP FOUR: Add the cooked veggies back to the pan with the chicken, stir, then add in the cream, adobo sauce, and Parmesan cheese, cooking until melted and thickened.
STEP FIVE: Stir in the cooked pasta, frozen peas, and blanched asparagus, tossing to coat. Top with cilantro and tortilla strips & serve!
HOW TO STORE IT
This pasta will keep 3-4 days covered in the fridge.
NEED MORE PASTA RECIPES? TRY THESE:
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
It is VERY HELPFUL to me and other readers if you leave a review after you make my recipe. Please come back & let me know how it turned out!
Spicy Chicken Chipotle Pasta
- 1 pound fresh asparagus chopped; thinner pieces work best
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into small chunks
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons chipotle pepper sauce from a can of adobo peppers
- 6 ounces shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Optional: cilantro and tortilla strips to garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Once boiling, add the asparagus and boil for 2-3 minutes. Remove it from the pot and rinse it with cold water through a strainer to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- Using that same pot of boiling water, add the pasta and cook until al dente.
- In a small bowl add the chicken, lemon juice, salt and pepper and let marinate as the other vegetables are cooking.
- In a large skillet add the butter and melt on medium heat.
- To the heated skillet, add the bell peppers and onions and cook until translucent.
- Add in the garlic and cook another minute.
- Remove the vegetables from the skillet and add in the olive oil.
- Add the chicken to the pan and brown over medium–high heat.
- Add the honey to the chicken and stir, cooking for about 5 seconds.
- Add the bell pepper and onion mixture back to the pan.
- Stir well, and then add in the heavy cream, adobo sauce, and Parmesan cheese. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the cooked pasta, frozen peas, and blanched asparagus.
- Toss everything well to coat with the cream sauce.
- Optional: garnish with cilantro and tortilla strips
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.