Spicy Chicken Chipotle Pasta is a Cheesecake Factory copycat recipe. This flavorful pasta dish is full of honey glazed chicken, asparagus, peppers, peas, garlic and onion in a spicy chipotle parmesan cream sauce. No need for going out when you can make this at home!
Spicy Chipotle Chicken Pasta
I love a good restaurant copycat recipe. I make TGI Friday’s Jack Daniels Sauce, Noodles & Co. Pesto Cavatappi, and Hard Rock Cafe Twisted Mac & Cheese and now, Cheesecake Factory’s Spicy Chicken Chipotle Pasta.
We finally got a Cheesecake Factory near us but it is popular and the wait time for a table is always insane. Plus, the huge menu overwhelms me.
Knowing that I can make this spicy pasta at home saves me time and money.
This creamy pasta has the perfect blend of heat from the chilis balanced with the sweetness from the honey.
Why you’ll love this spicy chicken chipotle pasta recipe
Copycat recipe – Making your own meal at home is so much more satisfying than ordering it out, but this copycat version of the dish is budget friendly!
Simple ingredients – Fresh veggies, juicy chicken, spicy chipotle sauce, and any type of pasta you want.
Easy pasta recipe – Fancy enough for any special occasion, but easy enough to make any night of the week.
Tools you’ll need
- Colander – You’ll need a colander to drain the asparagus and the pasta. I thought having a handle was unnecessary…until I got one.
- Large Skillet – A good skillet with a lid is a kitchen staple.
- Silicone Spatulas – I use these for EVERYTHING. They’re heat safe and great for sauteing.
Below is a list of the ingredients you’ll need to gather to make this recipe. Scroll all the way down for the full recipe card.
- Chicken Pieces – I use boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small (approx. 1″) chunks). Thighs could also be used.
- Pasta – I use penne but you could really use whichever shape is your favorite. Try to pick one that will grab the sauce.
- Lemon Juice – You’ll marinate the chicken in lemon juice and salt & pepper while you’re preparing the rest of the recipe.
- Honey – Honey is the perfect counterpart to the spicy chili sauce.
- Chipotle Pepper Sauce – You get the sauce from a can of adobo peppers.
- Bell Peppers – Diced yellow and red peppers for flavor (& color!).
- Onion – I use a yellow onion for a milder flavor. White onion will be a bit stronger.
- Garlic – Fresh minced garlic is best but I always keep minced garlic that you buy packed in oil on hand.
- Heavy Cream – Sometimes called whipping cream, this will make the creamy sauce for the pasta. Half & half will work as well.
- Peas – Frozen peas get added at the end. Canned peas will work as well.
- Asparagus – Fresh asparagus cut into small pieces. Try to choose thinner stalks so they cook evenly.
- Parmesan Cheese – Shredded parmesan cheese, but grated will work if that’s what you have on hand.
How to make Spicy Chicken Chipotle Pasta
This section shows you how to make this recipe, with process photos showing the steps to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- STEP ONE: To a large pot of boiling water, blanch the asparagus, drain, then add the pasta to that same pot to cook until al dente.
- STEP TWO: In a small bowl, marinate the chicken in lemon juice & salt and pepper while you’re preparing the vegetables.
- STEP THREE: To a large skillet, cook the diced peppers and onions in butter until translucent. Remove the vegetables, add olive oil to the pan, and cook the chicken. Once the chicken is cooked, add in the honey.
- STEP FOUR: Add the cooked veggies back to the pan with the chicken, stir, then add in the cream, adobo sauce, and Parmesan cheese, cooking until melted and thickened.
- STEP FIVE: Stir in the cooked pasta, frozen peas, and blanched asparagus, tossing to coat. Top with cilantro and tortilla strips & serve!
How to store it
This pasta will keep 3-4 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Can I freeze it?
I wouldn’t. Pasta generally doesn’t freeze well.
How many calories are in spicy chicken chipotle pasta?
One serving of the Cheesecake Factory version of chicken chipotle pasta is said to have 1,290 calories.
This version has around 900 calories.
Can I use something other than chicken?
Sure. Try shrimp or skip it altogether and make a vegetarian pasta.
Need more pasta recipes? Try these:
Click here to view my entire collection of pasta recipes.
Connect with Persnickety Plates!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe: