Rosa Chicken Pasta Bake has a creamy rosa sauce made with marinara and alfredo, mixed with chicken, and topped with melted mozzarella cheese. This easy recipe is comforting and delicious!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com on behalf of Bertolli®
A couple months ago we started using a non-family babysitter and let me tell you, it has been amazing. We’ve had three dates, the girls love her, and I have gotten a glimpse of Melissa instead of Mama (I love Mama, don’t get me wrong, but I miss Melissa sometimes!).
As great as having a babysitter has been, it still takes quite a bit of planning and our in-home dates have not stopped.
Valentine’s Day falls on a Friday this year and I have no desire to fight crowds to get a dinner reservation.
Especially when I can make a fancy pasta at home in under an hour!
This easy pasta dish is creamy and comforting and makes a lot, so not only can you have date night, you can have leftovers or freeze some for another night.
- Chicken – Boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenders.
- Onion – I opt for a white or yellow onion.
- Chicken Stock – To deglaze the pan.
- Mozzarella Cheese – A fresh ball of mozzarella cheese.
- Garlic – Two fresh cloves of garlic.
- Pasta – Your favorite pasta – I used rigatoni.
- Thyme – Fresh thyme or dried will work.
- Bertolli® Traditional Marinara Sauce
- Bertolli® Alfredo With Aged Parmesan Cheese
Have you made a rosa sauce before? It’s easy to do when you mix jarred marinara and alfredo sauces together.
Using Bertolli, you know you’re getting high quality – a few simple ingredients cooked with olive oil to get the best flavors. Bertolli brings the Tuscan Way into your kitchen and you’ll taste the difference!
HOW TO MAKE ROSA CHICKEN PASTA:
STEP ONE: Heat a large pan over medium heat and add olive oil and chicken. Season with salt & pepper and cook until no longer pink.
STEP TWO: Remove the chicken from the pan and put it on a plate. To the same pan, add the chopped onion, garlic, and thyme. Cook until the onion is soft and translucent.
STEP THREE: Add chicken stock and stir to remove any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Then make the rosa sauce by pouring in the Bertolli Marinara Sauce and Bertolli Creamy Alfredo Sauce. Stir to combine.
STEP FOUR: Add the chicken back into the pot with the rosa sauce. Reduce heat to low and simmer.
STEP FIVE: Add the cooked pasta noodles to the pot and stir to make sure every noodle is covered in sauce. Then, pour the pasta into a baking dish and top with sliced mozzarella.
STEP SIX: Put the pasta under the broiler for a few minutes until melty and starting to brown – I put mine on low for about 5 minutes.
I lucked out and got the last jar of Bertolli Traditional Marinara Sauce at my market. Use this finder to make sure your favorite grocery store carries it.
NEED MORE DATE NIGHT DINNER IDEAS? TRY THESE:
- Baked Mostaccioli
- Chicken Spinach & Artichoke Pasta Skillet
- Spinach Ravioli Lasagna
- Zucchini Taco Boats
TOOLS FOUND ON AMAZON TO HELP YOU:
- Vegetable Chopper – I hate struggling through chopping onions. This tool makes it much easier.
- Colander – I didn’t think I needed a colander with a handle, but I actually really love it.
- Bakeware – You need oven safe baking dishes to melt the cheese in the oven.
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe: