Thanksgiving Egg Rolls are the perfect way to use up Thanksgiving leftovers, but they also make an easy and unique weeknight meal! Filled with turkey and stuffing and dipped in gravy or cranberry sauce, these tasty egg rolls are made quickly in the air fryer.
Thanksgiving Leftover Egg Rolls
Making egg rolls in the air fryer is such a good idea!
I was anti-frying for years. I didn’t allow it in my house because it makes a mess (on top of being unhealthy), but now that I have an air fryer, my horizons have been broadened and I can make things I normally wouldn’t.
Thanksgiving egg rolls have such good flavor and are far from boring.
If you make these and still have leftover turkey, throw it into some slow cooker turkey noodle soup!
Tools you’ll need
- Air Fryer – This is the air fryer I have and so far so good. I had a smaller one first and am happier with the larger 5.8QT size.
- Pastry Brush – To spread the egg wash. I feel like the silicone version is easier to clean.
- Tongs – I use tongs more & more in the kitchen. They’re great for flipping the hot egg rolls.
Below is a list of the ingredients you’ll need to gather to make this recipe. Scroll all the way down for the full recipe card.
- Stuffing – Either use leftover stuffing or make a box of Stovetop (or your favorite).
- Turkey Breast – Again, either leftovers, or use cooked, cubed, turkey breast. Shown here is a smoked turkey breast from Honey Baked Ham but try my slow cooker turkey breast!
- Egg – For the egg wash to seal the egg rolls.
- Egg Roll Wrappers – These are easy to find at the market.
- Chicken Stock – To fancy up the stuffing.
- Thyme – Thyme is herby and a bit peppery, but still sweet. Use fresh if you can, otherwise dried will work.
- Rosemary – Rosemary is peppery, lemony, and woodsy. Again, fresh or dried.
- Sage – Sage is earthy and even a bit minty. The three herbs work really well together.
How to make Thanksgiving Egg Rolls in the Air Fryer
- STEP ONE: First, to a large saucepan over medium heat, bring the chicken stock to a simmer. Remove it from the heat and add the prepared stuffing and chopped fresh herbs. Stir in the cubed turkey.
- STEP TWO: Next, to a small bowl, whisk together the egg and water to make an egg wash to seal the egg rolls.
- STEP THREE: Then, lay an egg roll wrapper out so it looks like a diamond. Brush the edges with the egg wash. Spoon in two tablespoons of the stuffing mixture across the center. Fold the bottom up, then the left side in, then the right side in, and finish rolling tightly. Place them seam side down while you finish rolling the rest.
- STEP FOUR: Once you have all the egg rolls wrapped, spray your air fryer basket with olive oil and place 4-5 in, seam side down. Lightly spray the tops with more olive oil (or avocado oil). Cook for 6 minutes at 390 degrees. Then use tongs to flip, spray again, and cook another 4 minutes.
Let cool and serve with gravy and/or cranberry dipping sauces.
How long to cook egg rolls in air fryer
You will cook these turkey & stuffing egg rolls for 10 minutes at 390 degrees in the air fryer, flipping after 6 minutes.
What to serve with them
I dipped my turkey & stuffing egg rolls in gravy and a cranberry sauce.
You can use leftovers for these or I’ll give you easy recipes for both below.
Cranberry Dipping Sauce
- 2 cups frozen cranberries
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ½ cup sugar
To a medium saucepan, over low heat, add the cranberries, strawberries, sugar, and orange juice. Bring to a simmer, cooking until the cranberries pop, about 6-8 minutes. Stir and simmer for an additional 4-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and use a masher until the mixture is smooth. Transfer to a small dish for dipping.
Gravy for Dipping
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup onion diced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ½ tsp salt to taste
To a medium saucepan over medium high heat, add the butter and melt. Then, add in the diced onion and saute until translucent. Turn the heat down to low and stir in the flour and pepper, making a roux. Add in the herbs, chicken stock, and salt. Continue simmering over low heat until the gravy thickens, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a small dish for dipping.
More egg roll recipes to try in your air fryer
Click here to view all my air fryer recipes.
Connect with Persnickety Plates!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Originally published December 9, 2009.