Making Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs is my new favorite method to cook a large batch of eggs. This method is quick and easy – no need to babysit a boiling pot. They peel easily and come out perfectly!
Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
Air frying is going to be your new favorite way to make a batch of hard boiled eggs.
It is quick and easy and since I got my air fryer a few years ago, has been my go-to method for making hard boiled eggs. They turn out perfect every time.
I like to keep some on hand for snacking, making egg salad sandwiches, potato salad or chopped up in a salad.
Or, in the right time of year, they’re also perfect for making Kool-Aid dyed Easter eggs.
Why you’ll love making hard boiled eggs in the air fryer
Hands Off Cooking – Using the air fryer allows for a hands-off cooking process. No need to wait for boiling water and such like you would on the stovetop.
Works in Different Air Fryers – No matter what type of air fryer you have it works. Whether it is an air fryer oven or basket style, you can cook your eggs with the hot air that circulates around them.
Quick Cook Time – You are going to love the quick cook time for these eggs. It is one of the best air fryer recipes as it is so easy to do.
Equipment you’ll need
- Air Fryer – This is the air fryer model I’ve had for years and love.
- Tongs – Moving the hot eggs over to the ice bath is a breeze when you use tongs or a slotted spoon.
- Large Bowl – You will use a bowl of cold water and ice to make an ice bath. This stops the cooking process of the eggs so they are perfectly cooked every single time.
How to make air fryer hard boiled eggs
- STEP ONE: Place eggs in a single layer in the basket of your air fryer. Don’t overcrowd them.
- STEP TWO: Set the temperature to 250° F and cook for 15 minutes. While the eggs are cooking, prep an ice bath by filling a large bowl with ice and cold water.
- STEP THREE: Once the cook time is up, use tongs to immediately move the eggs from the air fryer to the ice bath for 5-10 minutes.
That’s it! Either enjoy immediately or move to the fridge for up to a week.
Tips For Making Air Fryer Eggs 🥚
- Brown spots can show up on the outer shell of the egg. This can happen when the heating coils of your air fryer haven’t been cleaned but it won’t affect the eggs.
- Putting eggs in a bowl of ice water helps to stop the cook process of the eggs. That way you get perfect eggs every single time. Otherwise, the eggs continue cooking until they cool.
How to store leftovers
If you don’t eat all the eggs at once you can store in an airtight container or sealed bag in the refrigerator.
How long with air fryer hard boiled eggs last in the fridge?
Your cooked eggs will store for 5-7 days in the fridge.
If you peel them first you will find they will go bad quicker.
Can I freeze hard boiled eggs?
It is not recommended to freezing hard boiled eggs. You will find their texture will become rubbery and hard. I recommend to make only what you plan to eat before they go bad.
How many eggs can you cook at once in air fryer?
It will depend on the size of your air fryer. My 5.8 quart holds about 9-12 large eggs comfortably.
You don’t want to overcrowd the eggs or it will not allow the hot air to circulate properly and your eggs will not be evenly cooked.
Can you do weekly meal prep with hard boiled eggs?
Yes, hard boiled eggs make for a quick breakfast or snack.
Having fresh eggs at the ready are a great protein packed, grab and go snack or lunch option.
This is an easy way to meal prep on weekends to set you up for the week.
We love tossing eggs on top of our favorite salads, eating with bagel seasoning, or even a splash of hot sauce. They’re even good with a bit of Chick-fil-A sauce on them.
More ways to cook eggs:
Click here for my entire collection of snack recipes.