So I know everyone is prepping for holiday cooking and baking, but you still need to eat dinner, right? I’m going to be the blogger that brings you regular stuff because I can’t seem to get organized enough to start Christmas treats. Maybe someday.
These baked fajitas make a really quick and easy weeknight meal. You could even cheat and buy one of those pre-chopped fajita kits from the market – you know, the ones that have onions and peppers ready to go? I added zucchini to mine because frankly, I like to add zucchini to nearly everything I make. Roll it all up in a soft tortilla with some salsa and sour cream and you’ve got an easy, filling, and even healthy meal!
Baked Chicken Fajitas
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts or tenders
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 zucchini sliced into half moons
- 1.5 Tablespoons taco seasoning one packet or make your own
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Fajita sized tortillas
- sour cream
- shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick spray (I use either olive oil or coconut oil spray). Set aside.
- Slice your onion, peppers, and zucchini into evenly sized pieces and add them to your baking dish.
- Trim your chicken and slice into thin strips if using breasts. Season with salt and pepper. Lay the chicken on top of the veggies.
- Drizzle olive oil over the chicken and veggies, then sprinkle on the taco seasoning and toss to evenly coat all the pieces.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stir, then bake another 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Pile the chicken mixture into a tortilla then top with salsa, sour cream, and cheese.
Or maybe you’ll like…
Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken