Oven baked chicken fajitas are ready in just 45 minutes making them an easy, healthy dinner option!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
I first published this recipe back in 2014 but it’s a really good one that needed some new pictures.
If you’re anything like me, you’re often scrambling for dinner ideas that aren’t the same old, same old and that the kids will eat.
My 2 & 5 year old have grown incredibly picky as of late and I’m not a fan of making two separate dinners. I like that you can make these fajitas as spicy or mild as you want based on your family’s preferences.
My local market sells packaged fajita kits (you know, the ones that have onions and peppers already chopped for you in the produce section?) – you could use those if you want to make these even faster.
I added zucchini to mine because frankly, I like to add zucchini to nearly everything I make.
Roll it all up in a soft tortilla with some salsa and sour cream and you’ve got an easy, filling, and even healthy meal!
- Chicken – Boneless, skinless cutlets or tender.
- Onion – I just like white onions in this. Use your favorite.
- Bell Peppers – Red and green bell peppers.
- Zucchini – Optional, but I like the addition.
- Taco Seasoning – Either buy a packet or make your own taco seasoning – it’s easy!
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Tortillas – I like to get fajita sized…because they’re fajitas 🙂
- Salsa – I highly recommend homemade salsa. It’s so much better than jarred! But use what you have time for.
- Sour Cream – Also optional, but a great topping.
- Shredded Cheese – Either shred your own or I like to grab a shredded Mexican cheese blend.
HOW TO MAKE OVEN BAKED CHICKEN FAJITAS
First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees and spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
Then, thinly slice your onion, peppers, and zucchini and add them to the baking dish.
Next, slice your chicken into thin strips and season with salt & pepper. Layer the chicken on top of the veggies in the baking dish.
Drizzle olive oil over the chicken and veggies then sprinkle taco seasoning evenly over everything. Toss to coat – I like to use tongs to make it easy and tidy.
Finally, bake for 20 minutes, stir, then bake for another 20 minutes.
Assemble however you like your fajitas & enjoy!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH FAJITAS:
NEED MORE QUICK CHICKEN DINNERS IN YOUR LIFE? TRY THESE:
- Southwest Chicken Skillet
- One Pan Chicken & Asparagus
- Baked BBQ Chicken Strips
- Chicken Spinach & Orzo Skillet
TOOLS FOUND ON AMAZON TO HELP YOU:
- 9 x 13 Pan – Get one with a lid in case there are leftovers.
- Tongs – Tongs have quickly turned into one of my most used kitchen tools. I love keeping my hands clean when cooking meat.
- Kitchen Knife – A good kitchen knife will make chopping veggies and chicken a breeze.
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Originally published November 11, 2014