Classic Zucchini Bread filled with pecans (and sometimes chocolate chips!) is a simple but delicious way to use up your summer zucchini crop.
Persnickety Plates + Zucchini – A love story.
CLASSIC ZUCCHINI BREAD
I first shared this recipe on Mama Loves Food last year but I want it to live here too.
I don’t think my zucchini crop is going to make it this year – it doesn’t look very promising. Luckily, my dad is also growing some and there’s always the farmer’s market/grocery store.
I love baking with zucchini – it makes for a really moist bread (or muffin…) without adding any flavor. Plus, it’s a vegetable so it helps me justify eating way more than I should.
This recipe makes two loaves – plenty to share (or not). I added mini chocolate chips to one, in addition to the pecan chips, and left the other one “plain”.
Things you may need to make this Zucchini Bread…
A box grater – doesn’t need to be fancy, just needs to get the job done
Loaf pans – this recipe makes two loaves, so you’ll need two
A whisk – you don’t even need a mixer for this recipe, but you do need a whisk, why not a pretty one?
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease and lightly flour two loaf pans. Set aside.
- Grate your zucchini and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs and beat with a whisk.
- Slowly whisk in the sugar then the oil.
- In another large bowl, add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk together.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir together. It will be thick.
- Pour in the grated zucchini, vanilla, and pecan chips. Stir together.
- Pour half of the batter into one of prepared loaf pans.
- If desired, add mini chocolate chips to the remaining batter then pour into other loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly then run a knife around the edges of the pan and flip the loaves out. Slice & enjoy!
Other Zucchini recipes you may like…
Apple Cinnamon Zucchini Muffins