Slow Cooker Creamy Ranch Pork Chops & Potatoes – six ingredients and a full meal right in your slow cooker!
This weekend we went out to downtown Detroit for part deux of my brother’s 21st birthday. He picked two really unique places that were definitely not your typical 21 year old venues. First, we went to Atwater Brewery which was really cool (& would have been even cooler if I drank beer). The bar is right in the warehouse where they brew the beer. Next, we went to a jazz bar called Cliff Bells. While we were there we tried three desserts – the Cinnamon Sugar Beignets, PB&J Deconstructed & Chocolate and Strawberry Cake. All three were amazing but the beignets were my favorite. I love finding fun new places. Especially ones that serve desserts & vodka.
Ok, on to today’s recipe. I’ve had this pinned for quite awhile but hadn’t tried it because it’s very similar to the Crock Pot Ranch Pork Chops with Parmesan Mashed Potatoes that I make. The difference with this one is you cook the potatoes right in the crock pot, which is nice. It turned out really well. The pork falls apart and the potatoes were tender & flavorful.
If you need a new slow cooker, my husband got me this Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget It one for Christmas & it’s so nice – I love being able to set it in the morning then it automatically switches to warm when it’s done. So convenient.
- 4-6 pork chops. I used thin cut.
- 6 medium red skin potatoes, chopped into large pieces
- 2 cans fat free Cream of Chicken soup
- 1 package dry ranch dressing mix
- Garlic & pepper seasoning (ours is a mix, you could use them separately, or not at all)
- 1 cup milk
- dried parsley for the top
- Spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray and put the potatoes on the bottom.
- Place the pork chops on top of the potatoes.
- Mix together the soups, ranch mix, milk & seasoning into a large bowl.
- Pour on top of the pork chops and cook on Low for 6-7 hours or High for 4 hours. (I started with frozen pork chops & cooked on High for about 5.5 hours)
- Use the extra sauce as gravy for the pork chops & potatoes.
- Sprinkle with parsley if you want.