Slow Cooker Creamy Ranch Pork Chops and Potatoes – six ingredients and a full meal right in your slow cooker!
Crockpot Ranch Pork Chops
Do you ever just need a *really* simple dinner?
I do. Almost every night.
I know not everyone likes cooking with “cream of whatever” soup. I’m one of those people. But sometimes, every once in awhile, you need a shortcut and this is one of those times.
If you’re opposed to the can, try my homemade cream of chicken soup substitute! Just a few more ingredients.
Ingredients you’ll need for Slow Cooker Creamy Ranch Pork Chops & Potatoes
Below is a list of the ingredients you’ll need to gather to make this recipe. Scroll all the way down for the full recipe card.
- Pork Chops – You’ll need 4-6 pork chops. I like to use thin cut.
- Red Skin Potatoes – I use about 6 medium sized red skin potatoes, chopped into large pieces. You could also use Yukon Gold or plain Idaho. Pick your favorite.
- Cream of Onion Soup – I use “cream of” soups sparingly, but it works well in this recipe. If you prefer to not use them, you can make your own cream of soup substitute.
- Ranch Dressing Mix – I buy the large container of ranch dressing mix from Sam’s Club, but you could also make a homemade ranch dressing mix.
- Seasonings – I like to use garlic and black pepper here. Use what you like but you’ll get salt from the soup and ranch mix.
- Milk – I always have 2% on hand, so that’s what I use.
- Parsley – Parsley for garnishing because slow cooker meals sometimes need some color 🙂
Lately, my favorite meals are the kind where you cook the entire thing in the slow cooker. I remember the days when I came home from work and had time/energy to make the main meal and a couple side dishes.
That isn’t real life anymore. Now, I need food stat, with as little prep as possible.
This is one of those meals.
Do you have to brown pork chops before putting them in the crock pot?
I don’t. This meal is made with convenience in mind, so browning the pork chops is an extra step I skip.
If you choose to brown your meat, you will get a more complex flavor, but it is not necessary & these pork chops are still delicious.
Can I put frozen pork chops in the slow cooker?
No, you should not put frozen pork chops in the crock pot. Because it cooks slowly, it takes the meat too long to come to a safe temperature, leaving time for bacteria to set in.
What can you eat with pork chops?
The beauty of this recipe is you’re cooking potatoes at the same time as the pork chops, so you get a side out of the way.
How long does it take to cook pork in a slow cooker?
Using 4-6 thin cut pork chops, as I do in this recipe, I cook the pork for 6-7 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high.
The pork falls apart and the potatoes are tender & flavorful.
Equipment you’ll need
- Slow Cooker – I like that this one turns itself to warm after the designated cooking time. It’s helpful when I’m at work all day.
- Knives – You’ll want a nice, sharp knife for chopping the potatoes.
- Ladle – For scooping the potatoes & gravy onto your plate.
Need more pork ideas? Try these:
Watch how easy this Slow Cooker Creamy Ranch Pork Chops and Potatoes is to make:
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER CREAMY RANCH PORK CHOPS & POTATOES
Or maybe you’ll like…
Originally published June 11, 2012