Panko crusted Mozzarella Chicken on a bed of fettuccine noodles.
Mozzarella Chicken with Fettuccine
- ~ 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts either thin cut or pounded thin (I butterflied 3 breasts to make 6 pieces)
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs seasoned with Montreal chicken seasoning, salt & pepper
- 1 Tb butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 3/4-1 cup chicken stock
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- onion powder to taste (a real onion is preferable, I didn't realize I didn't have one)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound fettuccine
- fresh chopped parsley or dried
- ~ 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, add the panko breadcrumbs and season however you like - I used Montreal chicken seasoning, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Season your flattened breasts with a little salt and pepper then dredge in the seasoned panko until fully covered. Set the prepared breasts aside.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil and let it come together. Once melted and hot, add the chicken breasts (my pan only held three at a time, so I had to do two batches) and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove the finished chicken from the pan and set aside. I put them under a tin foil tent so they'd stay warm.
- In the same pan, add in the minced garlic (& onion if you have it) and scrape up all the butter/oil/panko bits. Add in 3/4 cup of chicken stock and let it cook for a couple minutes until it reduces down to about half.
- Pour in the crushed tomatoes and season with the sugar, salt, and pepper. As it cooks, taste it. Mine needed a little bit more stock (about 1/4 cup) and some more salt and pepper. Let the sauce cook for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to boil and cook the fettuccine. Drain and set aside.
- After 30 minutes, add either fresh or dried parsley to the sauce and stir.
- Take your cooked chicken breasts and lay in the sauce, topping with shredded mozzarella. Put a lid on the pot and turn the heat down to low. Leave it just long enough to melt the cheese and heat up the chicken (if yours got cold).
- Pile a bed of noodles onto a plate then top with sauce and chicken breast.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.