This quick and easy chicken parmesan is the answer to your busy weeknight dinner dreams. A perfectly cooked and juicy chicken dinner ready in a blink of an eye.
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
I’m trying to ease you guys into instant pot recipes. I shared my favorite way to make shredded chicken last week, and today, I have Corrie from Corrie Cooks here to share another really easy recipe. Baby steps, guys.
Unlike the recipes you may know, this one has no breading or frying, but it’s as delicious as the classic version.
- Chicken – boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Dried Basil (or oregano, if you don’t have basil on hand)
- Garlic Powder
- Strained Tomatoes or Marinara
TOOLS FOUND ON AMAZON TO HELP YOU:
- Instant Pot – You’ll need an instant pot, of course. I recommend the 6 qt.
- Tongs – I use tongs for everything in the kitchen. They come in handy when dealing with chicken to keep your hands clean.
HOW TO MAKE THE SAUCE:
You have a few options:
- Classic strained tomatoes (like I did here)
- Homemade Instant Pot Marinara sauce
- Canned chopped tomatoes
If you really want to upgrade this dish, use fire-roasted tomatoes.
HOW TO MAKE THE CHICKEN:
STEP ONE: Season chicken with olive oil, salt, pepper, and basil.
STEP TWO: In the Instant Pot, combine half the parmesan, garlic powder, and strained tomatoes. Stir the sauce to combine and place seasoned chicken on top.
STEP THREE: Lock the lid in place. Select Manual and set to High Pressure. Cook the chicken for 3 minutes and once done, perform a quick pressure release.
STEP FOUR: Open the lid (watch the steam!) and cover the chicken with mozzarella and remaining parmesan. Close the lid (but don’t lock!) and cook on “saute” for 5 minutes.
WHAT IF I DON’T HAVE PARMESAN?
Well, this is a tricky one. You can use other types of cheese, but without parmesan, you will not get a genuine taste. I suggest you stick with it.
WHICH HERBS TO USE
You can get creative with this. Chicken is very mild in flavor and will pair with most of the herbs. Try basil, oregano, or even thyme. I like to use my homemade Italian seasoning which is a blend.
HOW TO SERVE IT
NEED MORE SAUCY RECIPES IN YOUR LIFE? TRY THESE:
For more Instant Pot chicken recipes, visit Corrie Cooks.
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp dried basil or oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup strained tomatoes or marinara sauce
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 oz. mozzarella grated
- Season chicken breasts with olive oil, salt, pepper, and basil.
- In the Instant Pot, combine strained tomatoes, half the parmesan, and garlic powder.
- Stir the sauce and place the chicken on top.
- Lock the lid into place and cook for 3 minutes on High Pressure.
- When cooking time ends, do a quick pressure release.
- Cover the chicken with the remaining parmesan and mozzarella.
- Cover the Instant pot with the lid (do not lock!) and cook on Saute for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm & spoon sauce over top.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.