Soft & chewy pudding cookies filled with peanut butter M&Ms and mini chocolate chips.
My first attempt at a pudding cookie and I’m a fan.
How could I not be a fan of a soft cookie that is filled with peanut butter M&Ms and chocolate chips?
I made these for my cousin’s birthday and they were quickly eaten up.
Ingredients you’ll need
Below is a list of the ingredients you’ll need to gather to make this recipe. Scroll all the way down for the full recipe card.
- Butter – One stick of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature.
- White Sugar – Granulated white sugar.
- Brown Sugar – Light brown sugar, packed.
- Egg – One large egg.
- Vanilla – I know vanilla is pricey but try to use pure vanilla extract instead of imitation if you can.
- Flour – All purpose white flour.
- Instant Vanilla Pudding – Make sure you get instant and not heat & serve.
- Baking Soda – For rise.
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- M&Ms – I used Peanut Butter M&Ms
I didn’t get many pictures because I had party guests hovering over me waiting to try them. Like, these three are the only pictures I took. That’s what I get for not being better at time management.
Need more recipes with pudding? Try these:
View my entire collection of cookie recipes.
Connect with Persnickety Plates!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Peanut Butter M&M Pudding Cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup peanut butter M&Ms
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with a silicone liner or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter, sugar, and brown sugar and cream until well combined with a hand mixer (or use a stand mixer).
- Add in the egg and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add in the flour, pudding mix, baking soda, and salt, and mix until well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and M&M’s.
- Use a cookie scoop (or tablespoon) to portion 12 dough balls per pan, evenly spaced from each other.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges start to brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.