These Perfect Party Cookies start with a box cake mix and are full of chocolate chips and colorful sprinkles. These super easy soft cookies are awesome with a glass of milk for an after school snack or a late night treat. A perfect addition to a dessert buffet.
I made these festive party cookies for a birthday party and they got rave reviews. I love an excuse to add sprinkles to anything and these soft cookies let you use whichever kind you like.
Red and green for Christmas, orange and black for Halloween, pink and red for Valentine’s. Mix it up.
What’s a party without sprinkles?
Ingredients needed for this Party Cookies Recipe
Below is a list of ingredients you’ll need to help you prep. Scroll all the way down for the full recipe card.
Flour – all purpose white flour
Cake Mix – you’ll need one cup of yellow cake mix (though you could experiment with other flavors)
Butter – melted and slightly cooled. This is important so you don’t scramble your eggs with hot butter.
Eggs – One egg and one egg yolk.
Vanilla – Pure vanilla extract.
Sugars – Granulated white sugar and brown sugar.
Chocolate Chips – I like to use Ghirardelli baking chips.
Sprinkles – Any colorful sprinkles will work. I used rainbow non pareils here.
Equipment you’ll need to help you make these cookies
Normally, I enjoy cookies straight out of the oven. These perfect party cookies I preferred cool.
What should I do with the rest of the cake mix?
Need more cake mix cookie ideas? Try these:
Click here to view my entire collection of cookie recipes.
Connect with Persnickety Plates!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Perfect Party Cookies
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, cake mix, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat together the melted butter, egg yolk, egg, and vanilla until creamy. Add the sugars and stir well.
- Add the flour mixture and stir until well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes (the dough will be runny)
- After 30 minutes, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- Once dough is chilled, use a medium cookie scoop (or a heaping Tablespoon) to scoop dough onto your prepared cookie sheets. 12 per sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the edges are golden and the center sets.
- Cool for 5 minutes on the sheet, then place on a cooling rack to cool.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.
Want another delicious cookie recipe? Try my Dark Chocolate Salted Cookies
Original notes from March 21, 2011: