These Perfect Party Cookies start with a box cake mix and are full of chocolate chips and colorful sprinkles. These super easy soft cookies are awesome with a glass of milk for an after school snack or a late night treat. A perfect addition to a dessert buffet.
PERFECT PARTY COOKIES
I made these festive cookies for a birthday party and they got rave reviews. I love an excuse to add sprinkles to anything and these soft cookies let you use whichever kind you like. Red and green for Christmas, orange and black for Halloween, pink and red for Valentine’s. Mix it up. What’s a party without sprinkles?
Normally, I enjoy cookies straight out of the oven. These perfect party cookies I preferred cool.
Perfect Party Cookies
These Perfect Party Cookies start with a cake mix and are full of chocolate chips and sprinkles. Mix up the colors to suit whatever type of party you're having!
Servings 2 dozen
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup yellow cake mix
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter melted, and slightly cooled
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 4 Tablespoons colored sprinkles I used nonpareils
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, cake mix, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat together the melted butter, egg yolk, egg, and vanilla until creamy. Add the sugars and stir well.
- Add the flour mixture and stir until well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes (the dough will be runny)
- After 30 minutes, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- Once dough is chilled, use a medium cookie scoop (or a heaping Tablespoon) to scoop dough onto your prepared cookie sheets. 12 per sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the edges are golden and the center sets.
- Cool for 5 minutes on the sheet, then place on a cooling rack to cool.
Recipe from Stephanie Cooks
Perfect Party Cookies
Amount Per Serving (0 g)
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g 0%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 0mg 0%
Potassium 0mg 0%
Total Carbohydrates 0g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Protein 0g 0%
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Want another delicious cookie recipe? Try my Dark Chocolate Salted Cookies
Original notes from March 21, 2011:
Above is a picture of my first attempt at making these perfect party cookies. For the record, following directions is important and 1 CUP ≠ 1 BOX of cake mix. Oops. I tried to compensate by adding more water. They tasted decent, but they weren’t pretty.