Soft baked cookies filled with peanut butter chips and chocolate chips. Makes a small batch so perfect for a craving!
The other day we were snowed in. Not really, it only actually snowed about 3″, but it was extra cold outside and a Sunday, so I used it as an excuse to stay in our pajamas all day and bake. Julia loves to sit on the counter and “help”. For under two, she’s actually very good and patient at helping pour ingredients into the bowl and passing things over for “mama’s turn”.
I found this recipe scrolling through my Facebook feed and it felt really good to just bake. No planning, no deadlines, no running to the store for ingredients. Just baking on a whim. I didn’t even intend to take their picture but they turned out really good and I wanted to share them. I’m kicking myself because I did the same thing last week with White Bean Chicken Chili and I was too lazy to take a picture or write down what I did. I’m going to have to recreate that one because it was the best soup I ever made.
Anyway, cookies. The name might be deceptive because there isn’t any peanut butter in the batter, just peanut butter chips. It makes a small batch – I got 17 cookies – which is good for portion control. They’re great warm with a glass of milk!
- 1 stick salted butter melted & cooled
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with either parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the melted (& cooled) butter, white sugar, and brown sugar and mix on medium until combined. (I used my hand mixer - stand mixer will def work, too)
- Add in the vanilla and egg and beat until just combined.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until a dough forms.
- Pour in the peanut butter chips and mini chocolate chips and stir with a spoon until distributed.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop out 12 to a pan. (My batch made 17 cookies)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until pale and puffy and edges just start to brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan to finish cooling.
Very slightly adapted from Bitz n Giggles
Some links on my blog are affiliate links meaning if you buy from them, Amazon will throw me a few pennies (literally, pennies), at no cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Other peanut butter + chocolate combos…