Ranch Cocktail Crackers are a quick and easy snack mix that is perfect for game day. This delicious party mix is flavored with ranch, dill and can be served with any combination of crackers you have on hand.
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
My grandma’s recipe for Ranch Cocktail Crackers is always a hit at parties and gatherings! She passed the recipe on to me and it has been a favorite.
Sometimes the problem with grandma recipes (like her Onion Dill Bread) is that she wasn’t very specific in her measurements, so feel free to improvise with your favorite crackers.
I know she’s used mini Ritz or Club crackers before and sometimes Cheez-Its.
Easy to customize and easy to make, you’ll love whipping up a batch for your parties, too.
Why you’ll love this Ranch Crackers Recipe
- It’s easy to customize – basically use whichever crackers you have on hand.
- It’s fast – it comes together in just about an hour.
- It makes a large batch – plenty for snacking on.
- Kids love it
- You can make it spicy – either use a spicy ranch packet or add some cayenne pepper to the mix.
Ranch Cocktail Crackers Ingredients
- Pretzel Sticks
- Goldfish Crackers
- Oyster Crackers
- Rice Chex Cereal
- Ranch Seasoning – either buy a packet or make your own
- Lemon Pepper
- Dill Weed
- Oil – you can use vegetable oil, olive oil, or even melted butter or coconut oil
Equipment needed to make these crackers
How to make Ranch Party Crackers
STEP ONE: First, mix together all of your crackers in a 9×13 baking dish. You should have 8-9 cups of crackers total.
STEP TWO: Next, in a small bowl, stir together the oil/butter and seasonings. Pour that over the crackers and gently stir to coat.
STEP THREE: Finally, bake at 150°, stirring every 20 minutes or so, until all the oil is absorbed. This takes about an hour.
Which crackers should I use?
You can use a mix of your favorites. Some good options are:
- Chex Cereal – corn, wheat, rice…any will work.
- Pretzels – sticks or twists, or your favorite shape.
- Fish Crackers – I like original or cheddar but pretzel or some of the newer flavors will work well, too.
- Oyster Crackers
- Mini Club Crackers
- Mini Saltine Crackers – can be hard to find, but Walmart usually has them.
Can I make it in the slow cooker?
Yep, you can also make this in the slow cooker (like my cajun ranch Chex Mix), but it doesn’t actually save you any time, you still have to stir it every so often, so I feel like the oven is just as easy, if it is available.
How to store leftovers
Leftovers should be stored in an airtight container (or large freezer bag) for up to two weeks.
More snack recipes:
- Homemade Tortilla Chips (oven or air fryer)
- Squash Chips
- Roasted Chickpeas
- Lemon Pepper Almonds
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Candied Cashews
Click here to view my entire collection of snack recipes.
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
It is VERY HELPFUL to me and other readers if you leave a review after you make my recipe. Please come back & let me know how it turned out!