Super easy Veggie Pot Pie “Cupcakes” are vegetarian comfort food!
I feel like my body is going into hibernation mode. Lately I’ve come home from work, cooked dinner, cleaned up, sat down to watch TV and am ready to go to sleep. At like 9:00. That’s not like me at all. I typically go to bed around 11:30/12:00. I don’t like it.
We’re still going strong on no meat. Maybe if I get back to the gym in addition to the (slightly) better eating habits, I would have some more energy. If nothing else, I will look better on the beach in Mexico (146 days!!).
I wish giving up baked goods came as easily to me as giving up meat and the gym.
These “cupcakes” are my way of tricking myself into thinking I’m eating a dessert. They are delicious, just a different kind of delicious. In a somewhat healthy, comfort food way. You could make it even easier by using frozen veggies, but I had fresh on hand and I like them better. They even warmed up great the next day in the microwave.
Veggie Pot Pie "Cupcakes"
- 2 cans refrigerated biscuits I used Pillsbury Grands Homestyle & Southern
- 1/4 onion diced
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1 yellow squash diced
- 6 baby carrots chopped
- 2 handfuls of frozen green beans
- 1 can cream of onion soup
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese I used a Colby Jack blend
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Dice up your onion, carrots, zucchini and squash so the pieces are approximately the same size.
- Heat some olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add your veggie mixture, season (you can use what I suggested or pick your own) and cook until tender, approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add cream of onion soup (I also added a little water at this point – just enough to get the soup from the bottom of the can) and cheese. Stir to combine.
- Line each cup of the muffin pan with a biscuit, pressing into the bottom and up the sides.
- Spoon the veggie mixture evenly into each cup.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until set and slightly golden. I slid a cookie sheet on the rack underneath the pot pies in case there was any overflow.
- Let them cool for a few minutes before removing from cupcake pan.