Here’s a super condensed version of my weekdays:
Get up, get ready, drop baby off for the day, work, visit baby at lunch, work, pick baby up, play with baby, give baby a bath, take baby for a walk, put baby to bed, wash bottles/make bottles, take a shower, maybe get something to eat, pass out. Repeat.
And I thought I was busy before. And those of you that have more than one kid are probably like, “ha, she thinks she’s busy!”.
I haven’t had much time for cooking/baking/blogging. Last night for dinner I had a fried egg on a bagel. The night before that I had frozen waffles.
Over the weekend I made zoodles for the first time, which turned out beautifully, but I didn’t find time to take a picture.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups zucchini, grated (this was one large zucchini for me)
- 1 heaping cup of chocolate chips (I use Ghirardelli baking chips)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line two muffin tins with paper liners. Set aside.
- To a large bowl, add the sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla and beat on high until smooth.
- Add in the baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and beat until combined.
- Add in the flour and beat until just smooth.
- Add in the grated zucchini and chocolate chips. Stir with a spatula to evenly distribute.
- Scoop the batter (I like to use a cookie scoop, it’s less messy) into the prepared muffin tins, filling each well about ¾ full.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Once done, remove from the oven and let sit for about a minute. After a minute, tilt the muffins onto their sides so the bottoms don’t get soggy.
I think I made the right choice because these were really good. I mixed up the batter, popped them in the oven, hopped in the shower, and they were ready when I was done. I even convinced myself that they’re healthy because there’s zucchini in them. Further justifying my choice to make muffins instead of working out.