My life became better when Picky Palate blogged her Giant Peanut Butter Reese’s Pieces Cookie for One a couple months ago. Well, she did it again, only this time with an Inside Out Rice Krispie Chocolate Chip Cookie. I never really intend on making the Rice Krispie portion (though I am intrigued) because Rice Krispie treats frustrate me. They make a mess and I don’t like messes. But, within that recipe is one for a giant chocolate chip cookie. Perfect. It did not disappoint and I see many more in my future.
|In case you didn’t believe me, here it is in relation to my hand. It actually is giant.|
Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie...for one (or two)
- 2 Tablespoons softened butter
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons light brown sugar packed
- 2 Tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips Ghirardelli, of course
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place butter and sugars into a medium bowl, beat until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Add egg and vanilla, mixing to combine.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda and chocolate chips, mixing to combine.
- Transfer dough to a parchment or silicone lined baking sheet (I clearly used tin foil) and bake for 15 minutes or until baked through.
- Remove and let cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet.
- I cut it into 4 pieces and split it with the Mr. I already want another one.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.