Two things before we get started with today’s recipe.
First – Thanksgiving is in three days. Holy cow. I’m very much looking forward to my favorite holiday and the 2.5 day workweek that comes with it.
Second – The giveaway after the recipe is ridiculous. As you know, I recently (well, almost 8 months ago, already) had Baby Girl. Since then, I’ve done a ton of research on baby products and bought more than I can fit in our tiny house. There are definitely a few items in this giveaway that have been on my wish list. Sometimes I join these group giveaways then wish I wouldn’t have so I could enter. SO many cool things, guys. So, stick around for that after the recipe.
Ok, on to the recipe. Green Bean Casserole is one of my favorite holiday dishes BUT I don’t love canned soup. I’ve said it before – the jigglyness creeps me out. I first made this version, that skips the canned soup, last year for Christmas, but forgot to share it with you guys. I made it for dinner this weekend with some chicken breasts and remembered I wanted to share it. If you’re having a big get-together, it’s easily doubled but this scaled down version is perfect for a regular weeknight. It comes together really quickly and makes a great side dish. Plus, there’s bacon. I hear people like bacon.
- 12 oz bag frozen green beans
- 2 strips of bacon
- 1.5 Tablespoons flour
- ½ cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon sour cream
- ½ cup fried onions
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and have an 8x8 baking dish ready.
- Chop the bacon into small pieces then add it to a medium skillet over medium high heat and cook until crisp.
- Transfer the bacon to paper towel.
- To the bacon drippings, add the flour while whisking. Continue whisking for 1 minute to fully cook the flour.
- Whisk in the milk, sour cream, and cooked bacon.
- Keep whisking until the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat.
- Add in the green beans to the mixture and stir to fully coat the beans. Sprinkle with salt & pepper, to taste.
- Pour the green bean mixture into the 8x8 baking dish and top with the fried onions.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Adapted from Buns In My Oven
Baby’s Dream Giveaway!
Do you have a little one in your house for the holidays this year? What do you give to babies anyway? Enter today’s giveaway and have a chance to win all of these awesome prizes. One grand prize winner will win ALL of these amazing prizes. Definitely a baby and mommy’s dream!
Blooming Bath is the cute, cuddly and convenient way to bathe your baby. Unlike traditional baby bath tubs, Blooming Bath is made from incredibly soft, plush materials — providing a safe, soft, and unbelievably adorable bathing experience for the most important person in your world.
By far the cutest and highest quality baby moccasins around! These babymoccs come in Genuine leather, suede, and felt styles. These classic moccs are handmade in the USA, customized to fit the standard baby/toddler foot. Coral Pear only uses the highest quality of leather and really take pride in how soft and flexible, but yet how very durable their shoes are for your young one.
Mamas & Papas – Baby Snug
Baby Snug is loved by moms around the world. Baby’s first two stage seat providing stability and support inside and outside. The first stage seat is suitable from 3-12 months and can be used with or without the tray. Remove Baby Snug’s seat insert to convert the infant positioner into a second stage seat suitable 12 months + and can also be used with or without the tray. Baby Snug is ergonomically designed to provide support and comfort for your baby giving you time to sit and relax. The seat has an extra wide base for great stability, is easy to wipe clean, lightweight and portable, perfect when you’re on the move and suitable for inside and outside use.
- Baby’s first floor support seat that adjusts as your baby grows.just remove the soft seat insert and Baby Snug will last as your baby grows.
- Excellent stability with extra wide base and ergonomically designed to provide back support and comfort for your baby.
- Easy to wipe clean and lightweight makes the baby chair perfect when you are on the move inside or outside giving you time to sit down too.
Mamas & Papas – Learn to Dress Doll
Learn to dress’ Hattie has many features which encourage your little one to learn the elements of getting dressed.
- Hattie’s features include, a button, zip, tie up laces, soft touch and press stud fastenings.
- Hattie can be a lovely, fun and colorful companion for your little one.
- As part of our Babyplay range she is designed to maximise your baby’s development through fun interaction, stimulation and problem solving.
* Winner can choose between Max or Hattie depending on gender of child
The Cozy Cover is a warm and soft infant carrier cover that protects your loved one from Mother Nature’s elements such as rain, snow, wind, unwanted touch and more. Fits around the infant carrier just like a “shower cap” and is easy to use. Cozy Cover is a must have product for parents on-the-go.
- • Cozy Cover provides your baby the ultimate in protection from the elements ranging from snow, wind, rain and other harsh climate conditions
- • Safe, backless design as recommended by car seat specialists everywhere
- • Dual zippers for easy access to infant and child safety straps
- • Pullover flap to shelter baby’s face from the elements while transporting outdoors (breathable)
- • Elasticized edge allows for easy use on carrier
- • Suggested age: 0-12 months
- • Made of Fleece and Nylon
- • Machine wash
Cozy Cover – On-the-Go Changing Pad
The comfy and convenient On-The-Go Changing Pad is the perfect companion for on-the-go parents. You can easily take it anywhere you go, including restaurants, the park, or any place your baby would need a quick change. Item contains expandable pockets that will hold diapers, wipes, creams and more.
- Made with PEVA material: non-chlorine, PVC-free, biodegradable material free from phthalates
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Easy to clean, wipeable surface
- Expandable pockets easily hold diapers, wipes, creams and more
- Fully padded changing surface
- Velcro handle allows the kit to be attached to almost anything for convenience and storage
Cozy Cover – Portable Easy Seat
The safe, comfy and convenient portable Easy Seat is the perfect companion for on-the-go parents. You can easily take it anywhere you go, including restaurants, grandma and grandpa’s, or any place you’d normally need a high chair.
- Easy to use, lightweight
- Adjustable back allows for easy fit on a variety of chairs
- 5-point safety harness keeps your baby secure
- Durable and machine washable
- Product is only to be used with infants that are 6+ months up to 35lbs
- Comes with a matching carry bag for easy storage
líllébaby – COMPLETE™ Original Designer Black w/ Kimono Taupe
The líllébaby COMPLETE baby carrier offers more carrying positions, lasts longer, and includes more features than any other baby carrier on the market.
Compare it to understand the difference.
• 6 Carry Positions – all the carrying positions in one.
• Ergonomic Face forward option.
• Priceless Lumbar Support
• Neck Support – understand the difference.
• Long life span. Baby weight range: 7*-45 lb
• Adjustable Wide-seat/Narrow-seat combo
• Light weight! Only 1.34 lbs. (0.61 kg)
• Ergonomic for baby: Adjustable seat ensures a natural seat adjusted to every age and stage
• Comfortable for you: Baby’s weight is evenly distributed between your hips and shoulders.
• Wide, ergonomic shoulder pads: 3 inches (7.5 cm) wide by 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick premium foam
• Wide, contoured waist band with 1/4 inch high-performance foam: 26”-55” (66cm-140cm) circumference range
• Extra long, multi-function shoulder straps can cross in the back or be worn “backpack style” – accommodate babywearers from 5’ to 6’ 6”
• Padded buckles
• Machine washable
• Constructed to last with premium materials and multiple adjustments to insure correct fit, safety and comfort
• Designed in the USA
• Meet or exceeds safety standards
Playskool – Monkey Gears
Gear up for some silly fun! With the STACK ‘N SPIN MONKEY GEARS toy, little ones can build up the fun by placing colorful gears all around their monkey friend’s belly, hands, and feet. Once all the gears are set, press the central gear to make them turn, hear silly monkey music, and watch little lights twinkle! Kids’ sorting and stacking skills will be rewarded with this delightful visual experience! Requires three AA batteries. Demo batteries included. Available at most major toy retailers nationwide and on HasbroToyShop.com.
Tippi – Baby Snug
I am made for snuggling // Just wrap me around your little ones and they will be comfy-cozy. I am made of a single layer of lightweight jersey fabric – which means that I won’t be too warm to layer with another blanket! I can almost guarantee there will be some serious cuddle envy.
*Winner will receive 2 Snugs
Chicco – Lullaby Baby Playard Equinox
The Chicco Lullaby Dream Play Yard 4-in-1 Playard offers all the baby-care essentials to create a cozy environment for baby and a practical care-station for mom and dad. This playard is a dream to set-up, thanks to its exclusive one-piece bassinet which opens in seconds. The smallest babies will be able to snuggle in the cozy infant napper for the first months of life, before transferring to the convenient raised bassinet, and eventiually transitioning to the spacious playard. The oversized changing table is quick and easy to set-up and store, providing a large and sturdy surface for diaper changes. The parent organizer keeps a stash diapers, wipes and creams close at hand. This self-contained nursery center stores on the convenient carry bag for easy travel.
Alex Toys- Learn To Dress Monkey
Get monkey dressed and ready for play! Young children will develop fine motor skills by practicing to button, snap, hook and loop, buckle, tie, zipper and more! Monkey’s overalls and t-shirt are removable, too, for learning how to dress and undress. Put on his socks and lace-up sneakers for more learning fun!
The Sili Company – Sili Squeeze
Made of durable silicone and 100% toxin-free materials, these food pouches are meant to last for years with your growing child, saving you money every time you fill your Sili Squeeze. Perfect for all your homemade baby food and smoothie recipes, healthful purees, and those readymade favorites like yogurt and applesauce. Developed by a parent, for parents, the Sili Squeeze allows portable eating to be wholesome and nutritious. Winner will receive one spill-proof Sili Squeeze for children 6-24 months and one free-flowing Sili Squeeze with Eeeze for children 24 months and up.
Num Num – Num Num Dips
The revolutionary new first step to self-feeding, the NumNum is sold in a two-pack. Its innovative design makes it easier to use than a spoon because there’s no right or wrong way to hold it. Plus, the NumNum head (one for thinner first foods and the other for thicker first foods) grabs just enough for baby while leaving very little mess. Over time, your baby will begin scooping the food, an indication he or she is ready for the spoon. NumNum, indeed!
Baby Sign Language – Standard Kit
The Deluxe Baby Sign Language Kit includes everything you need to get started teaching your baby to sign. The kit includes:
• Flash Cards – 52 sturdy board (4×6 inches) flash cards, covering a variety of basic signs. The flash cards allow you to teach words, such as animal names, that Baby is not exposed to in everyday life. The face of the flash cards shows the word and image for the child. The back of the flash cards show how the sign is performed, a handy reminder for the adult.
• BSL Guide Book – shows you how to teach your child how to sign. The book begins with a Quick Start Guide that will teach you your first signs and having you ready to sign in 30 minutes. As your baby progresses, you can delve into more advanced topics like combining signs to make phrases, using props, and transitioning to speech.
• Signing Dictionary Dictionary – contains over 600 signs including the most common words, the alphabet and numbers. The dictionary helps you expand your child’s vocabulary, and has the breadth of coverage that lets you follow your child’s interests. Each sign is illustrated with two diagrams, showing you the starting position, the ending position, and intermediate motion.
• Wall Chart – the 24′ x 36′ chart includes 22 basic signs, and makes a handy reminder for caregivers. The Baby Sign Language Wall Chart covers basic signs, like eat, drink, and sleep. Hang the poster in Baby’s Nursery to help babysitters, or other occasional caregivers learn and decode the most commonly used baby signs.
a Rafflecopter giveaway