Pretzel Crusted Brownies have a layer of pretzel crust topped with a fudgy chocolate chip brownie. These sweet and salty brownies are a perfect sweet treat!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
Pretzel Crusted Brownies
Over the summer, when I made the Strawberry Pretzel Jello, I was most impressed by the pretzel crust. I decided to take that same crust and pair it with brownies. The result is the perfect blend of salty and sweet in every bite.
I was shopping at Trader Joe’s and decided to pick up one of their quick brownie mixes since I had never tried them.
You know I pretty much gave up box mixes when I realized how simple homemade, from scratch brownies are (see Simple Dark Chocolate Brownies or “Better Than Box Mix” Brownies). But, this mix has no preservatives or artificial colors or flavorings so I gave them a shot.
It was the Truffle Brownie Mix which are dark chocolate with chocolate chips. I recommend it or either of the easy recipes I linked above.
- Brownies – Either your favorite box mix or simple from scratch brownies
- Pretzels – It doesn’t matter if you use sticks or rods or whatever because you’ll be smashing them
- Butter – You could also use coconut oil, I opt for butter.
- Sugar – You’re making a crust with the pretzels.
NEED MORE BROWNIES IN YOUR LIFE? TRY THESE:
TOOLS FOUND ON AMAZON TO HELP YOU:
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Pretzel Crusted Brownies
For the Brownies
- Your favorite box mix + ingredients required
For the Pretzel Crust
- 1 cup pretzels crushed
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper, then lightly spray with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, prepare the brownie batter per the box (or use one of the scratch recipes I linked above)
- Melt the butter in either a microwave safe dish, or in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, stir in the sugar until fully combined. Then, stir in the crushed pretzels.
- Press the pretzel mixture into the bottom of your prepared baking dish in an even layer.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the oven and pour the prepared brownie batter over the top.
- Bake brownies for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, let cool, then slice.