This super simple brownie recipe is rich and chocolatey with a perfect flaky crust and they whip up in no time.
I originally made these brownies in 2012 but they deserved updated pictures. I love that you can mix them up in about 5 minutes (not even kidding) and they make the perfect small batch. Just 9 brownies so I’m not tempted with a family size pan. You can use regular cocoa powder or I like Hershey’s Special Dark – whichever you prefer.
Enough chitchat, brownies are done.
Super simple homemade brownie recipe that makes rich, chocolatey brownies with a perfect flaky crust.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa (I used Hershey's Special Dark)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (Ghirardelli for me, of course)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 x 8 baking dish with foil and spray with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, and chocolate chips. Be sure that the chocolate chips get coated with the mix.
- In a small bowl, add the eggs, oil, and vanilla. Mix with a fork until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula until just combined.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool then slice.
Original text from October 18, 2012:
You ever get in the mood where you feel like going to the gym but you don’t feel like going? Yea, I’m in that mood tonight. Instead, I’m making brownies. I’m always in the mood for brownies.
Tonight, after work, I ran to Kohl’s to try to find a pair of shoes. I had a nearly brand new pair of black Simply Vera Wang heels that seem to have mysteriously disappeared after the fire. My birthday shoes, that I only wore once, are also MIA. I have no idea where they are. So, I went to Kohl’s to replace them tonight but guess what? They don’t have them anymore. I didn’t even love them that much, but I had only worn them like twice so now it’s my mission to replace them. Their website doesn’t have them. eBay doesn’t have them. Not that I would buy shoes off eBay. That has the potential to be gross. I might be out of luck.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine sugar, flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder, and chocolate chips in a bowl. Be sure that the chocolate chips get coated with the mix.
In a measuring cup, combine eggs, vanilla and oil. Mix up wet ingredients with a fork.
Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
Spread into greased 8×8 square pan.
Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
I tried to pose the brownies with my dish towel so they could cool before I cut into them.