Peanut Butter M&Ms stuffed into muffins – so pretty for spring! A simple recipe for moist peanut butter muffins that are loaded with M&Ms. No mixer required – just a spoon!
Peanut butter muffins that are filled with Greek yogurt to make them soft and moist, and then filled with pastel M&Ms make a fun springtime treat.
I used peanut butter M&Ms to keep with the theme, but there are many different varieties you could try, or use Cadbury Mini Eggs (and use the rest for these mini egg cookie bars).
These easy muffins come together all in one bowl, using just a wooden spoon. You don’t even need a mixer!
Using a wooden spoon makes me feel official. Like I’m a real baker. It’s always been my favorite spoon. Is that weird?
Peanut Butter Muffin Ingredients
Below is a list of ingredients you’ll need to gather to make these muffins. Scroll all the way down for the full recipe card.
- Vegetable oil
- Greek yogurt
- Peanut butter
- Brown sugar
- White sugar
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- All purpose flour
Tools found on Amazon to help you
How to make Peanut Butter Muffins
STEP ONE: First, to a large mixing bowl, add the oil, yogurt, and peanut butter and stir until combined. Then, stir in the white and brown sugars. Add in the eggs, vanilla, baking soda, and baking powder and stir until combined. Finally, add half the flour and half the milk and stir until just combined. Then add the rest of the flour and milk. The batter will be thick.
STEP TWO: Stir in the M&Ms and chopped M&Ms and stir to distribute. Use a cookie scoop to scoop the batter into a muffin tin lined with wrappers, they should be approximately 3/4 full. Press a few additional M&Ms into the tops of the muffins before baking for 15-20 minutes in a 350° preheated oven.
Cool and enjoy!
Need more muffins? Try these:
Need more ways to bake with M&Ms? Try these:
Click here for my entire collection of dessert recipes.
Connect with Persnickety Plates!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Peanut Butter M&M Muffins
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup milk + 1 Tablespoon. I used 2%
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup M&M’s
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped Peanut Butter M&M’s plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pans with cupcake wrappers. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the oil, yogurt, and peanut butter and stir with a wooden spoon.¼ cup vegetable oil, ½ cup Greek yogurt, ¾ cup peanut butter
- Stir in the white and brown sugars.¼ cup packed brown sugar, ½ cup granulated white sugar
- Add the eggs, vanilla, baking soda, and baking powder and stir until combined.2 large eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Add half the flour and half the milk and stir until just combined.2 cups all purpose flour, ½ cup milk
- Add the rest of the flour and milk and stir until the batter just comes together. It will be thick.
- Stir in the M&M’s and chopped peanut butter M&M’s (or your mix-ins of choice).¼ cup M&M’s, ¼ cup coarsely chopped Peanut Butter M&M’s
- Scoop the batter into the liners, about 3/4 of the way full.
- Press 1-2 M&M’s into the tops of the muffins then bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool & enjoy!
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.
Slightly adapted from Crazy for Crust