Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Bites – A spicy, healthy, vegetarian, delicious alternative to chicken wings!
So I’m well into my Mexico trip now. Hopefully I’m on the beach with a drink in my hand, but, I actually wrote up a few posts before I left so you’ll have something to read in my absence.
I expected to like this cauliflower, but I didn’t fully expect it to be as good as it was. Before I cut out most meat, I used to like boneless chicken wings. These don’t taste like chicken, but the spicy flavor and texture were pretty close to boneless wings. I didn’t even think I liked cooked cauliflower, but I really liked this. I ate it, with nothing else, for dinner. They were that good.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- For the batter
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup water
- dash of Frank's Wing Sauce (or Frank's Original Hot Sauce)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried onion (I use Tastefully Simple's Onion Onion)
- For the buffalo sauce
- ¼ cup Frank's Wing Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons salted butter, melted
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil and spray with non-stick spray (I always use olive oil spray) and set aside.
- Wash your head of cauliflower and cut into pieces. I made a variety of sizes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the batter ingredients. It will be fairly thick.
- Dip each piece of cauliflower into the batter until fully and evenly coated. Place onto the prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until the batter just hardens.
- In a small bowl, mix together the buffalo sauce ingredients.
- Once the cauliflower are done, remove from the oven and brush with the buffalo sauce. Again, fully and evenly coat each piece.
- Put back into the oven and bake for a few more minutes (I think 5-7 minutes was my range), until the sauce has mostly dried and the cauliflower is crispy.
- Remove from the oven, let cool, then enjoy! We dipped ours in Ranch dressing.
Frank’s Wing Sauce
My favorite baking sheets
Olive Oil Non-Stick Spray
Or maybe you’ll like…
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
Baked Green Bean Fries
Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
Some links on my blog are affiliate links meaning if you buy from them, Amazon will throw me a few pennies (literally, pennies), at no cost to you. Thank you for your support.