The other day I was browsing through my Pinterest boards looking for dinner inspiration when I realized I only pin desserts.
Then Macaroni & Cheesecake popped up in my blogroll with a one dish, balanced meal. A protein, vegetable, and a starch? In one dish? I was sold.
I made a few changes and was really happy with how it turned out.
I was going to buy fresh green beans but then I realized I was too hungry to bother with trimming them so I took a shortcut with frozen. Or you can used canned.
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (this was 3 breasts for me)
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix (I use Hidden Valley)
- 1 lb frozen whole green beans
- 1.5 lbs red skin potatoes, diced
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick spray (I always use olive oil spray) and set aside.
- Dice your potatoes and lay across half of the pan.
- Pour the green beans in the other half.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Trim your chicken breasts and season with salt & pepper. Lay them across the top of the green beans and potatoes.
- Sprinkle the packet of ranch dressing mix evenly over the entire dish.
- Melt the butter then pour evenly over the entire dish and do the same with the olive oil.
- Cover with foil and bake for approximately 1 hour or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are fork tender.
Or maybe you’d like…
Slow Cooker Chicken Potatoes & Green Beans